Flashlights with 2000k and 2700k

thanks, if that is consistent for all 2000k e21a it certainly gives a nice advantage over gt fc40

Is the light similar to public sodium vapor lamps? I’m afraid it might be similar but they have inferior color rendering so I think the LED version might look better and closer to a flame.

Sodium vapor lamps have poor CRI in general, around 20 to 30, no info on R9 (which is not part of CRI rating)

Some are claimed to be 2000K, some 1800K, some 2100K, I;ve seen various claims along the years.

See here some and their specs, mainly very low CRI.

Not at all. Sodium vapor lamps have almost no color rendering, very depressing. The E21A 2000k has terrific color rendering. Colors actually pop out with this ultra high CRI/R9 emitter. In fact, once your eyes are adjusted to the light, it doesn’t even seem very yellow anymore. It just feels like ordinary indoor lighting but a more cozy, kind of like candle light or a lit fire place.

The E21A is pretty consistent. I have a few other 2000k E21A lights modded with Clemence’s / Eurekatronix’s E21A 2000k and they measure about the same.

I will measure the 1800k-2000k GTFC40 once Convoy releases the USB-C versions. This is also a very high CRI emitter but Simon tested the duv to be above the BBL so things will appear yellowish compared to the 2000k E21A. But it is a very easy fix using minus-green LEE filters. I used the minus green LEE filter on my greenish LH351D lights and they actually look great now.

Convoy S11 with FC40 is only 30 dollars, so its by far the cheapest option to try this cozy tint.

Cheapest way slicing Lh351d 2700k if you already have them.
CCT and DUV will decrease a bit, I like the tint outdoor.
But the beam became narrow on reflector.
Shame still anything on standard size at 3V in high cri at 2000k or below.
Those are low cost 1800k Cri 70-80 3535 size Leds on Aliexpress

The convoy s12 2700k is the light I use 99% of the time when hiking. I have a very non-scientific theory that it makes rattlesnakes easier to spot against desert backgrounds.

At what point do you just give up and slap a yellow or orange filter on your flashlight? :person_with_crown:

Another option for 2000K is the quad Nichia E17A SM203 LEDs from Clemence at Eurekatronix.

I really like mine that I put in a Convoy S6. Here’s the chart that shows very high CRI/R9 and negative DUV:

quad E21A will give more power

e17a quad is also supposed to have less problem with donut holes than e21a, so there’s that too.

Shipping cost kill the deal and they are really difficult to solder on mcpcb

Quad E17As have donut holes, but an OP reflector and frosted lens will make the beams great. I have many of them (10 Nichia E17A Flashlights Is Enough) and they all have awesome CRIs and tints.

Yes definitely, the tiny E17As are very difficult to reflow! Best to be left to Clemence to do his magic. I’ve done a couple on my own, but they didn’t turn out as nice looking as his.

Do you have a link?

Here : https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3135023/search?SearchText=sft40 All lights with SFT40 LED

that is a link to a ‘fake’ convoy store and you mean GT FC40, SFT40 is low cri 6000k only

Here: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

i just traded a firefly mule that was 2000k; got it from Jackson, pretty sure he still has a few on his website…

I just received one of these. It’s like having a thousand paraffin candles in my hand. I can try to get a photo one of these nights with a white balance that reflects perception. People underestimate how well ultra-warm lights work in natural surroundings.

No matches for that link.

Thanks!