Folomov Spam Review Message

I know this
because Amazon will delete the free items review
so they do this
refund by PayPal

And I appreciate your opinion MascaratumB!

I didn’t know Amazon was deleting “free” items reviews Neal. That’s where I’ve seen most of the “provided for free and this item is amazing” reviews.

i did that for folomov, the EDC -C4
i expected to like the light and i did for the most part
my review had some negative comments in it, or stuff that i said ‘i don;t like this but maybe you will’
mostly the UI
they did refund it
it is a little over-the-line though, that they refund AFTER the review
they don;t SAY the review has to be good, but you get that idea
thorfire refunds it before you write the review, though they will hound you mercilessly til you get it done

folomov was only interested in amazon reviews so i did not post here, there were other reviews here already

wle

Wellp, that’d be pretty much 100%.

You can always return it to Amazon as “not what advertised” (essentially true, if you’re hoodwinked into buying one), and they’d get zinged because Amazon does not like returns.

Then, if you’re in a particularly spiteful mood, you can trash the light in the review as well. You’d get “paid” from Amazon, not the mfr, so you wouldn’t be out a cent, they’d get zinged, and your only penalty is not getting to keep a crap-light anyway.

Luckily, the light I got was quite nice physically, great thermal path, good quality components, flawless ano, etc., only I hated the UI, and pretty much said so… a lot. :smiling_imp: Yeah, I tossed ’em a 5-star rating, but kinda banged on the UI quite a bit. :smiley:

If I could just lobotomise it to a 1-mode (always-high), I’d be happy.

I got this pm a few weeks ago but just ignored it b/c I already aquired a bunch of lights recently and didn’t feel like writing a review. Never got to the point of receiving their terms.

Sort of a shame to hear all this since it looks like a decent product, even if it really didn’t strike me as a “budget” price point.

i did a long and thoughty review, but i also trashed the UI, it’s bad!
but as i said, the light is small and bright and well made, so it is my everyDAY carry now
at night i need better and easier control of light levels, so i use something else at night or inside (utorch UT01).

that is true what lightbringer said, though i hadn;t thought of it
buy on amazon
return if light is bad
you get your money back

then you can trash it
and if you don;t like the light ( i did like mine so i also wanted to keep it ), then ending up with no light is sort of ok, because if it is bad, why would you want to keep it?

wle

Yeah, I got the Camp D4. No usb-boot and no side-switch, so no wonder mine didn’t have the issues others reported. :smiley:

When I asked about the other models, that’s when I got hit with the “we only want Amazon reviews, and don’t make it such a ‘professional’ review”. I guess they do just want a “Wow! Amazing! Much light! Very brightness!” type review.

Well, that’s no fun, so I bowed out.

The first one was because they posted a thread here asking for reviewers, so I bit. That was my first Folomov.

Mmmmm, likely last, too, ’cause I really hate blinkies in the main cycle…

yeah the price seems to rise every week too…

would be great for $25, but now it;s $50.

wle

It’s also against Amazon’s policy for reviews. Violating that policy could result in being banned from Amazon.