Forum Group-BUY EOSLAMP SP11-S2 EDC SS

Mine also shipped today. You might have to wait a (business) day before the tracking works.

Well, I got a email saying mine has shipped. I will keep you guys posted. I am excited about this group buy. I was wanting a Budget SS light for my wifes keychain. I hope this one is solid & strong.
Have a great weekend.

edit: Ric, I was trying to order a few other small accessories, but they wanted to charge me shipping on those? I wanted some of those extra claws. Is it possible to have those included with the item that has free shipping next time I order?? Or did I miss the something? lol I likely missed something. :Sp

tracking is working now :)

Received today, really nice, nice flashlight;

Looks nice! Did you have any luck getting the light to work with regular NiMH cells?

nice!

does it work with eneloop?

and whats the weight?

whats the tint like?

I’m checking now. About 12 min NiMH, and all seems ok

At the moment 30 min (now I’m going, but it’s still on), with eneloop and seems ok.
Tint Neutral (a little warm, I like it)

Weigh 23 gr, with eneloop 35 gr, its a S.Steel flashlight its ok for me. (Thrunite Ti 23gr aluminium flashlight)

Received mine yesterday. If I’d realised the light stays on if the voltage is low, I probably wouldn’t have ordered it, still, it’s a nice addition to keyring rotation line-up as it seems to run fine on NiMh Eneloop. Would be interesting to know what the ‘low voltage’ threshold is.

Lights up with an 10440, very bright and gets hot, doesn’t turn off unless you unscrew the head almost completely off (because my 10440 is longer than eneloop AAA?)

Banggood has stocked the stainless steel SP11 too, appears to be the older version, SP11-S1, XP-E R3, 38g, bigger, dimmer; the photos show both the older SS and the newer SS models:

Also more goodies from this brand like the hard to source AAA holster:

Current price of SP11-S2, XP-G2 nw, 22g, smaller, brighter is 29.00$. So the 23$ group buy price was indeed a GB price ;)

Those little AAA holsters look good - I haven’t seen them in stock for ages. Thanks pipifax.

I finally received the light, thanks Ric. Came with a whole bunch of mini o-rings, a standard key ring, a hang buckle w/ mini ring, and the light itself, 2nd gen SS version of EOSlamp SP11. My Thrunite Ti looks big in comparison: with battery installed in OFF position and including the big tail nub, my Ti measures 74.15mm/14.22mm whereas the SP11-"S2" only 66.80mm/13.59mm with battery installed in OFF position. Without battery the light can be tightened down to 66.55mm length. With 66.80mm it is even shorter than my Tank e09 mini flashlight! Dimensions: *****

Threads appear pre-lubed, wear-resistant, strong, smooth, with tight tolerances and no noteworthy play. With Eneloop AAA installed, it takes 2.5 turns to fully unscrew the head. Almost a ¼-turn from the fully tightened position (OFF) to turn the light on (ON: HI-MODE), a further exact ½-turn to switch to ON: LOW-MODE, and as mentioned a further 1¾-turn to take the head off ( 2.5 = ¼+½+1.75 ). I replaced the mini o-ring with one of the spares of my other AAA light (Thrunite Ti or Tank e09) for improved water-resistance. Imho the light should have come with such bigger o-rings. O-ring now and threads: *****

Is it likely that the light accidentally comes ON in the pocket? It takes "Almost a ¼-turn" (quote from above) to activate the light output, i replaced the thin mini o-ring with a bigger o-ring for more friction, and it is easy to secure the threads tightly, so my opinion is no. On the other hand it is more likely to loose a Thrunite Ti head and also suffer from accidental activation. Happened to me before: in the pocket one does not really know when the Ti is activated or deactivated or how much it needs to get really deactivated, at the same time you don't want to lose/loosen the head too far! Eventually the Ti head closed the circuit and depleted my battery. Secure: *****

The light reminds me of Nietcore D10-series with similar shape, knurling and geometrical proportions. Knurling on the body of my sample feels and is less aggressive than on the head, i may doubt that the machinist intended this. The XP-G2 nw emitter is not perfectly yet well centered in the OP reflector, high score, not top score. Does not affect beam pattern, therefore no deduction from score! Overall machining and fit&finish gets top score. Really. No premium maker does it better. Build quality: *****

Because of its compact size and SS material the light with installed battery has much higher mass density than the bigger aluminum lights like Thrunite Ti. In this regard, compactness isn't always the better advantage. S2 is imo not too heavy for actual key chain duty but i will prefer to keep it mint in my showcase. Portable: ***

The low battery warning feature works as expected: when the Eneloop is depleted at around 1.15V resting voltage and you turn the light ON, it tries to stay ON: HI-MODE even when fully tightened. That is an intended feature and one may appreciate it or not. On the bright side, it is still possible to turn the light OFF by fully tightening the head. One only needs to let the cell rest a minute until the cell has recovered above the threshold. The precise threshold voltage may be 1.00V under load, i don't know, too hard to find out. Low Battery warning: ****

I don't know what standard good NW tint is. Without a simultaneous reference the beam on my sample looks tinted :sick: against a white wall, however not neutral, warm or incandescent. A large green-creamish, non-yellowish hotspot with blue-purplish spill. Does not look neutral to me, unless it is compared simultaneously against a CW reference: CW's do look cast either blueish or greenish all of a sudden, very interesting effect! All in all the tint is OK, acceptable, not bad. Tint: ***

I have not seriously compared brightness of my other small lights. It appears to have typical 1xAAA brightness comparable to Thrunite Ti and Tank e09. Less throwy because of the larger hotspot. Brightness: ****, it's not short of it!

10440 use untested. I don't own such dangerous cells. No thanks. Go away!! 10440 use: *****

Total weighted score: 4 full stars or higher. Worth every cent. A 100% pure quality product. EOSLAMP quality rocks!!

Thanks for the update. I’m sorry I didn’t sign up for Ric’s Group Buy (although it did take a long time to get to you, didn’t it).

Has anyone tried 10440 cells yet?

Took a long time, i don't regret the transaction. 23$ with tracking, and what a quality of product!!! This has absolutely nothing to do with budget lights.

Soo pleased i am!

Banggood seems to sell a SS of SP11 too, with 38 OMG lumens. May be different version, SP11-S1 or different driver/LED. Mine is really XP-G2 and brightness should be around 60-80 ANSI lumens with Eneloop. Haven't tried Alkaleaks or Lithium primary.

Would love to know if it can handle a 10440

DAMMIT! So the one one the site I just bought is just 38lm? Thought it was a typo but I don’t see the s2 there….

Ughhhh…at least it looks cool _

Got the SP11-2 from banggood-so beautiful. Threads are incredible and the styling is superb! I love this light. In fact, went back and ordered another. Kudos to bangood for the week long shipping time! The UI is simple and perfect-no fussing with on/off to change modes. I’m surprised it doesn’t have a bigger following.