Found: Pnoxi pogo pin programmer for AVR

Check these out. I actually had this exact idea for edge mounting the connector a month ago and even ordered parts to build one. Now a more intense Google search shows the exact idea already exists.

The 1.27mm pitch version should be perfect.

Website for Pnoxi programming key

But… the pogo pinout is not in the correct shape. We need 4x2, don’t we… not 3x3. I do really like those pins, love the larger tip.

Well the clamps we usually use have 8 grabbers, but 2 are not used.
And HarleyQuin’s programming key only has 6 pins too.
That thing is a 3x2, so the same 6 pins we have been using.

Well that is one of HarleyQuin’s layouts, but he has 2 that I know of. And he does not sell built adapters. Each person that wants one needs to order hundreds of pins and a dozen parts and solder them all together by themselves. These are pre-made for $4.60 plus shipping.

That’s just a 6 pin connector too. The design could be updated.

It’s not a solution for users wanting to connect to old boards.
It’s a solution for HQ, Lexel, and other future board makers that don’t want to build and sell adapters.

That’s the issue now, everybody wants to declare their pad layout as ‘universal’, however NOBODY sells a matching pre-made adapter. Leaving users SOL.
This is a pre-made adapter. Adopt this, and the lifecycle is complete.

Oh…ok…guess I had the D4v2 on my mind because of the latest issue over reflashing a working Anduril on it. I’ll delete my posts.

Thanks!

I don’t know that you need to delete anything. Other readers might find the conversation useful.

I love this comic

I’ve seen that comic before.
What I don’t see is Lexel or HarleyQuin. They are ghosting the discussion. And I know they are both subscribed to the HQ progKey thread that I originally posted this in.

So this unknown seller with <10 pieces of anything in stock is our savior? I’m pretty sure this D4v2 flaw will solidify that as the “universal” connector since it’s going to be created out of necessity (and much more than 10 pieces in quantity)

What I am saying is we need to have a serious discussion around SOMETHING that’s per-assembled.

And i’m saying there’s a very good chance there will be an off the shelf version to flash the D4v2 and people are already making their own. This design already has our driver designers on board so seems like a pretty done deal to me assuming everything pans out.

Has someone specific said they plan to make them an off-the-shelf item?

Emisar is prototyping it right now.

Also see this reply

Well hallelujah! Carry on then. I don’t care what is on the shelf, as long as something is.