Free 18650 Date Check Tool (Enter the code on the PVC)

Hi guys, I’m going around to different forums sharing this new tool we built. Always looking for more feedback, more bugs you find.

If anyone understands how to read the date code from the Panasonic GA, let me know so I can add it to this tool.

As well it looks like the Samsung 30Q does not include a conventional date code.

Here it is:

18650 Date Code Tool Link

• Choose the brand
  • Enter the code on the PVC and click calculate
  • The manufacturing production date should appear below

Thanks

Doesn't work for older Panasonic.

Nice!

Didn’t work for my 30Q… apparently it needs a character for the SDI, mine is only 3 digits.

Hmmm. The Panasonic in question has the black dots around the positive terminal rather than stripes? What model? What is the code on the cell?

Let me guess - the code is left-aligned and reads “136”. It seems this is not a date code, and I’m not sure if the 30Q has a date code on it, or where it might be.

The 30Q indeed has a date code!. But it is printed on the metal can, not the wrapper.
Read here, please.

Can, Line 1 (4 digit number):
3rd digit: Year (1-9,A-G)
4th digit: Month (1-9,A-C), for (SDIEM): Month(O…Z)

example: 10F3
F = 2015
3 = mar.

I think this works for most Samsung cells. Also for those that also have date code on the wrapper (4 digits in third line, digit 2 and 3).

Doesn’t work for LG HG2

It works for the HG2 - most common problem is switching O (letter) with 0 (number).

does not work for panasonic cgr18650cf
large c with 6z21 below.
these may be quite old.edit.the datasheet is from 2007.
they still check out good.

The GA means NCR18650GA ?
Its date code with same type of NCR18650B/NCR18650BE ,etc