Free bike LED (+$1.63 shipping) 200 pieces only @ myLED.com

Arrived in mailbox.

I tried to order one, timed out or something, wouldn't let me re-apply the coupon...price went up to $4.95...bleh...forget it

Well got an email with "order made" waiting payment...I will not be paying by CC, so if they don't have any way for me to send money to them thru my paypal...well then I won't order it

Review?

Wow! I forgot I even ordered one of these until I saw this. Kind of sorry I saw this as it would have been exciting to find an unexpected order in the mailbox. I figued it would have shipped faster than the Sipik clone because of the Chinese New Year but I’m afraid this will be a slow boat as well due to the free/cheap shipping method. Looks like a nice item and packing from the picture anyway.

Worked like a charm.

you are right, it was not working yesterday, but is working now

hi, can we get some pics up and a review, please? Batteries? Modes? Brightness?

if not, I’ll just wait :wink:

thanks!

I think he mean the coupon worked, it didn’t work during this week, but it is working again ( I ordered another light too, just in case it’s any good)

Finishing: some part of the red anodizing has peeled off.
Batteries: 2x CR2032(included).
Mode: Constant>Fast flashing>Slow flashing.
Brightness: Average, lower than I expected.
Size: small
Value: < USD2. Not really an keeper.

Stay away of SingFire. Internal battery clip does not work properly. Please be careful of the orientation during tear down. Else the button may cease working if you assemble incorrectly.

Thanks for that. I liked the host, but I had not big hopes on the stock brightness; let’s see if it’s easy to mod…

I got four pieces of the identical light from Ebay and its plenty bright, perhaps yours have bad batteries ;)!
One of the four came with empty cells making nowhere near as bright as the rest, in fact it isnt bright at all.

I just ordered one too, thx for the heads up!!

It is just a single 5mm led. How bright can it be?

Plenty bright to be visible in the dark ;)!

41 days gone and still nothing of my package, guess it’s time to send them a reminder before my dispute window closes…

Today I got mine.
I was suprised that it came with batteries BUT they were almost empty. lol
Overall quality is OK but I prefer cheap-o ebay ones with 2xAAA batteries or even 2xAA.
I have one with 2xAA. Mount broke but after I fixed it I love it because runtime is very very very long unlike this one. :confused:

mm166, can you post links to similar lights running on AA/AAA?
I havent seen tihs design powered by bigger batteries.

Sorry for misunderstanding. It’s definitely is not same design but I mentioned it because it have same function - rear bike light.

I have something like this and haven’t seen better rear bike light, just included mount is total junk but light itself is great. Included mount will break soon because light with 2 AA batteries is too heavy. Just need some imagination to make better one.

I ride quite often and now I have more than a year this light with same batteries and still there is no need to change them. I wasn’t really looking for cheapest light but I don’t see any reason to ‘upgrade’.

I understand your frustration, BUT, it ain’t nothin’ to get excited about. I question my logic/rationality/sanity when I order something like this and expect something decent.

Actually I am not frustrated about this one, it was insignificant amount to lose and I thought not to bother with them but for $1.63 I can still buy MINI so why not then get something useful. It was more of a testing (first) order for them :wink: