FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX 26800 Battery Tube for FT / EA Series Group Buy - ENDED

EA01 tubes just shipped now!

Mine also shipped.

26980 6000mAh appeared when i was searching for 26800 products.

Expect one more additional short tube in the coming weeks.

A light Neal was selling used the 26980. Because of it's relatively low capacity, not a good option anymore.

Nothing yet, been busy and havent been looking. my setup worked for charing mine for now, and will probably use a block of wood with copper and screws like TomE did, seems good enough for now. or just charge in the light until a manufacture releases one.

Freeme, you said "expect another short tube in next weeks", do you mean another 26800 tube? or a different tube altogether? I hope they come out with a couple of the FT02s colors if these EA01/s tubes sell well.

My two tubes shipped too, ea01 & FT03!

Longer tube but less capacity in the battery than 26800? What am I missing here?

It was barely discussed here

wait, Freeme is astrolux making a 26980 tube too? I'm confused by your post (#164)

+1

My blue 26800 tube shipped.

My FT03 tube has shipped.

I asked about this battery about 2 years ago. 26980 lithium-ion battery No responses so I researched it a bit and found these spec. Some places list it as a 3C cell some as a 15C cell. This page has the only graphs I could find Li Ion Rechargeable Battery D Cell 26980 Li Ion Cells 3.7v 6000mah - Buy 26980 Li Ion Cells 3.7v 6000mah,Li Ion 6000mah Rechargeable Battery,D Cell Ion 3.7v 6000mah Product on Alibaba.com Chart shows it as a 5000 mAh cell.

Ordered another 26800 tube, gray ea01s. Thanks freeme! Said in stock, should ship soon

hmm., seems interesting then that astrolux would even bother with it..

My view on this one is to sell more extensions. They went with an extension, this converts 26350 to 26500, 26650 tubes to 26800. They’ll sell them to those who want a simple upgrade. Then someone finds the 26980 cell and thinks we can sell even more of these extensions to those who bought either 26650 or 26800 tubes. “Hey look we found you an even longer battery, buy more of these extensions.” I think it’s a good idea. Lets people Lego more of their lights to the way they want them. I prefer one piece tubes, but these really would be nice to have just to experiment with. With spacers and sleeves you could run 18350’s all the way to 26980’s and everything in between.

Hmm, now I'm wondering TS, if that little extension can be added to the standard 26650 tube to make it 26800 tube length?

that way, If someone doesn't care so much about the look of a nice new single piece of metal for the tube, they just buy a bunch of the small short tubes to add to all their astrolux lights and upgrade to 26800. That wouldve been good of Astrolux to do too, wel good for us not for them..

I like that previous idea of a deeper tailcap although tubes are much easier to manufacture. I bet a deep tailcap could kill two birds with one stone, though...probably a combination of depth and longer spring length could do the 800 on the 650 tube and the 980 on the 800 tube. And then people with the original 650 light could just add the tailcap only, or both tube and tailcap to cover three cell platforms. Not much different than two tubes, I guess, other than storage and keeping tabs on the parts. I don't think I'm interested in the 980 cell...unless capacity/performance improved, but it also might start to shift the balance of the light to where it feels a bit too head-heavy.

It would have been an interesting option. With the two tubes supplied 26350 and 26650. Now your idea, two tail caps; standard and deep. For battery lengths get covered 26350, 26500, 26650 and 26800.

Or perhaps a sliding contact just like a battery charger...now there's an engineering idea. :)

Regarding idea of ‘extension tube’…

The Fitorch P25 flashlight by default uses 26350 battery. Fitorch has an extension tube that makes it possible for the P25 to use 26650 batteries.

Wuben T70 flashlight by default uses 1x 26650 battery. Wuben sells an extension tube so that 2x 26650 batteries (added runtime and less voltage sag) will also work (which means the T70 driver accommodates both 3.7v and 7.4v)

I’d definitely prefer small extensions. Overall weight of the light, extension and 1 of each battery is left if swapping doesn’t require 2 full tubes. I’ll definitely have 26650s w/ me for a 2S light I always use, but I really like these 26800 batteries.