FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX EA02 SFT40/ CULPM1.TG Anduril UI Flashlight Group Buy

The Astrolux FT03 models (not S) were fantastic, sold over 60pcs and not one warranty claim.

Yes! You’re right!
I have one of the first batches with SST-40 … QC passed. Perfect!

L21A cons

- LED off center on 99% of my stock

- 2.5 min Turbo until it starts stepping down

- no ramping means no access to levels between High and Turbo for an extended run

• spring bypass usually breaks (new stock has a better spring though without a bypass)

L21A pro

- CC buck driver (can be a con)

• easy to mod

EA02 cons

- FET+1 driver

• quoted $20.5 for a replacement driver and that’s a dealers price :confused:

EA02 pros

- Anduril with access to any lumen level

- 5.5 min Turbo until 50°C

- USB C (can be a con to some)

- Perfect LED centering

- can use a 26650 for extra runtime, has adapters for everything else

• lightweight

The base FT03 is simple, SST-40 or XHP50.2 with minimum amp issues.

Astrolux/Mateminco clearly didn't learn form the FT03 Mini NM1 issues. Looks like they did nothing about the issues, even the high parasitic drain reported.

I get the same numbers of parasitic drain across all the new models, does that mean it’s all the same driver?

This is my post on the issue: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/63483/89

So it's about 4 mA - is that what you are seeing? The NM1 model driver is FET+1 but a different MCU, custom firmware/UI, etc. Shown/explained here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/63483/53

Yea I loved mine. Defintely a solid light, and great for the price. Same price as the likintol x9L ! The ft03s is in my opinion, despite what half of this forum would say, a great light. Then again mine had Zero problems.

I owned the L21a with CULPM1, and have since repurchased it. I didn’t experience stepping down at 2.5 minutes, or if so it was unnoticeable. I never even experienced heat from it which I correlated to the heavy body design.

For me, I really like Anduril for throwers for only a couple of reasons - the biggest being reliable battery check. First thing I do with my Anduril throwers, especiallly if their rated at 1000+ meters, is set the stepped modes to level 10/150 - 149/150, with 5 steps. And I leave it there.

This may just be me, but I have never needed to ramp a thrower like the K1 or ft03s. So I guess for my needs at least, with the L21a being a more reliable (sounding) light I’ll stick with it. Unless changes are made to the issues you guys are reporting. But the driver is what deters Me. I had the nm1 fto3 mini white, and it was a bad design all around. The green was good though .

Commented on Charles BridgTec’s video about this and he replied that this is made to be run on high drain unprotected cells.

Does he not understand this? Thought he would know better

My meter shows 94.3µA with the switch on high.

Just making sure I’m reading it right, my meter is on µA and it reads 94.3, is that correct? It fluctuates which is odd

Charles B has some nice reviews but they are not technical for sure, I'm not surprised actually. Not sure how he got into flashlights, but I followed him early on and it became clear.

The 94.3 µA, is that for this EA02 or the FT03 Mini NM1 I was referring to? Not sure, maybe not all the NM1's had high parasitic drain - it's a custom driver.

The 94.3 is for the EA02. What do you get?

Popped in a P42A again and I get the same as everyone else, slight change to purple, but not badly. Measured with my clamp meter at 9.02A so it’s borderline

Finished my review which will be uploaded later tonight. I go into depth and explain all settings in Anduril with captions. It’ll be super helpful to those newbies

Bit sad about the issues with the EA02 light, on paper it looked so promising! I’ve got one in my cart ready for purchase but I’m on the edge now. With my low Cbridgtec level of flashlight knowledge it sounds like it was rushed to market a bit & perhaps the ‘easiest’ route was taken as far as driver selection. I’m thinking perhaps with a 50E Samsung cell that’s 10A c-current maybe the risks of burning up the emitter or having a funky color can be minimised? I just love the deep reflector, Anduril, Osram CSLPM1-TG emitter, single cell, 1600lm, Mateminco build quality…it’s all there.

Post#147, TomE identified it as Boost HX (CULPM1.TG). If that's the case, I've noticed reviews are still referring to the emitter as CSLPM1.TG (W2). Very confusing.

I got it right :) review is uploading. Give it approx 6hrs since I live out on a farm with poor upload speed :(

I'll publish it once I wake up.

https://youtu.be/MpkhOBKXa7A

Wut? It's not?

Maybe 3 hours and only at 1080p, I’ll never be able to go for 4K which is a real shame

Sorry, meant the LED. It's not a Boost HX?