FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT02S 4*SST40 / XHP50.2 26650/21700 USB-C Flashlight Group Buy - Ended

Yes yes... I am kind of slow lately. Encountered a setback for one of their prototype last week. Giving me quite a bit of headaches. Hahaa,

I understand this, 12 version of one light is a bit much, so adding another 4 versions potentially is understandably too much. I just wanted to check for budgeting purposes :sunglasses:

Interested in the SST40 version, could I please get the coupon? Thanks :+1:

Incoming! [quote=AdrianM] Interested in the SST40 version, could I please get the coupon? Thanks :THUMBS-UP: [/quote]

Received my green xhp50.2 on Monday. It’s pretty awesome. Thanks freeme!

u have some outdoor beam pics? curious as i have same on its way…

Interested Freeme’s Coupon to PM
Thanks

Hey guys, I bought the blue FT02s with XHP50.2. Best thing about it is the duration in Turbo with a Samsung 40T (>80 sec.). Worst thing by far is the beam artifacts. How does the SST version compare? Is it worth it?

Could I get a coupon please?

here are some beam shots for the ft02s xhp50.2 5700k. (sorry their not great, did them quick). The telephone pole (with breaker on it) is about 70 yards out.

mf01 mini sst20 5000k (for comparison)

It is surprising how good the xhp50 FT02s is. I love my mf01 mini, and the ft02s surpasses it easily.

And here are some comparison sizes, the size of the ft02s surprised me on how compact it is (ft02s xhp50 5700k, mf01 mini sst20 5000k, astrolux C8 Osram CULPM1)

Here’s my review Ft02S

I really like this flashlight! It’s one of the better all around flashlights I own now. Over 12k lumens at start and holds 8000 lumens over 3 minutes. For under $50 it’s a crazy bargain.

Aggalitsas ^worse With sst40! I actually think the xhp50 beam is nice, for a 4x emitter setup! The ec03 and this ft02s reflectors lend themselves well to the larger die of the xhp50. My ft02s has a hot spot that’s looks like a single emitter light. It’s awesome.

Fantastic review! Thank you sir stinky! Love your guys reviews over there!

Thanks for the review, I’ve been waiting for this. Despite the beam defects which I can see outdoors as well as on a white wall if I look for them, (I know, don’t look for them!) I’m happy with this light. The positives very much outweigh the negatives for me. Funny thing though is comparative beamshots from this review and also Flashaholic’s video review really make me want the Astrolux EC03! I’m still waiting for green EC03 XHP50.2 5700K to be restocked.

I will be buying the ec03 immediately upon release of the shp50.2 5700k or even 6500k but in GREEN. please freeme, can we get the xhp50 ec03 in green?

Sent.

I haven’t seen the EC03 XHP50.2 variant to be sold with the green body color yet (only the EC03 SST40 comes in black/green/sand ; so far all EC03 XHP50.2 come in black ; however, I’m not sure whether they now have the XHP50.2 5700k or 6500k on the EC03…)

Based on my beamshot comparison, the “petal” pattern (outside the hotspot) on the FT02S (SST40) looks a bit more pronounced than on the EC03 (SST40), probably because the FT02S has a more focused (the spacing between the LED on the reflector are closer, which sort of obstructs some light from the LEDs, and creating the “petal” shadow pattern…

Thanks!

Mine finally arrived and quick assessment the artifact in the beam isn’t even bad unless you are less than 4 feet from a wall… anything more than 10 feet the artifacts(pedal) pattern is not even noticeable. For a light with multi LED’s using a reflector the pedals are normal… appears in my Q8, SP36, EC03 hell even my MS18 probably has some kind of artifacts in the beam…. if I wasn’t completely blinded by it :wink:

So far impressions love the ergonomics, surprised its only slightly larger than my EC03 I enjoy the fact I can run some higher capacity 26650 Shockli’s for longer runtimes.

The petals aren’t what bothered me with my EC03 sst40, it was the variations and I gues “rings” in the area outside the hotspot (corona?) and the spill. I saw rings of black (very little light) and then bright light. Maybe I’m remembering it wrong, but I just never felt good about how the beam evenness looked. The petal effect never bothers me, I have it on my haekelite hk04 and others and it is fine. It’s just uneven light inside beams kindve eeks me. I feel like i saw that unevenness in some posted pics of the ft02s sst40 beamshots… maybe I’m wrong?