FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX® MF01X 18*SFQ43 LEDs 21000lm 3*21700 USB-C Flashlight Group Buy - ALIVE frm $105

From those comparisons, the EC06 is floodier as far as width goes, and has a much cooler tint. Looking at the two, I'd take the MF01X. The throw appears to be very close the same.

I sure hope throw turns out better in real life than it does in the photos.
Gorgeous silver BTW.

Another video with the MF01X and MF01s:

Would be interesting to see how it compares to similar sized lights from acebeam and imalent, for those that are not convinced by the price tag of an x50 or ms08.

Ah, yet another flashlight company whose claims and products can’t be trusted. How delightful.

I keep a list of companies not to buy from anymore, this made the list.

Unfortunately most small flashlight companies smaller than Fenix and Olight don’t even have the equipment to test their flashlights so they just make educated guesses based on component specs and calculations. For the small flashlight brands, Fireflies and Emissar/Noctigon are the few relatively accurate ones but not for all configurations because they can’t possibly test them all.

My German MF01X review is now online.

So according to one of the users from that German forum, the MF01X has 17183 lumens at 30s using P42A meanwhile; according to 1lumen, the EC06 drops all the way down to 8000 lumens using 40T.

I guess its not all doom and gloom.

I wonder how well it can sustain in the 1000 lumens range.

You mean doom and lume? LOL

I don’t have any real testing gear but I did a quick test with what I have:

• I used a light meter on my phone in a small dark closet to measure lux via ceiling bounce
  • 6,431 lux at start. For comparison my Eagletac SX30L3 starts at 1,003 lux - this light uses a single XHP70.2 and is rated at 4,350 LED lumens
  • 5,700 lux at 30 seconds. Right after 32 seconds the numbers start to drop very fast due to heat
  • 1,200 lux at 60 seconds (and the light is very hot)

I did NOT change the default calibration for heat limits in anduril, but I think the default limit for this light is very high as it will get hot enough to burn my hands and I did NOT change the thermal limits!

Yeah, according to the marking, its set 10 degrees C higher than default on andruil.

55C versus 45C starting point of most other lights.

This made me smile. Interesting hobby we have, when we hide ourselves voluntarily in a small closet with flashlight.

Another interesting feature on this light… it takes twice as long to ramp from the lowest output to the highest output compared to all my other Anduril lights. I absolutely love this because it makes it easier to choose a suitable output since the light has such a ridiculous amount of output at 100% brightness.

My MF01X arrived yesterday , I opened it , and then I used it. When I inserted the 3 Samsung 30T and the flashlight's system is still off, the body tube started to generate heat. The heat was like a flashlight that is on turbo mode.

Is this normal? Is the flashlight still on good condition? Has anyone experienced this too? What did you do to fix this?

Beware, it could be a short circuit situation. Do perform a physical and continuity check if possible before trying it will another set of battery.

Record and video for claim if you are unable to sort it out yourself.

My silver MF01X showed up today. Believe it or not but i almost forgot i ordered it , or didn’t expect it this soon. Nice surprise indeed. I wish i had the cells ready to go… It does work on one cell though.

Nice light but pretty cheap packaging - where are the nice white boxes?

The MF01 iterations: from left to right, MF01X, MF01S and good old MF01:

That feels a lot like a short. Just one cell the wrong way could do that on a 3P setup like that - unless there is a reverse polarity protection of some sort.

I’ll measure output this aft but the vents take a 3mm glow rod, which I have :smiley:

I’d like a coupon please.

I measured 23600 @turn on with 40T. It gets hot!

I did put a cell in the wrong way at one point, a spring went black and the battery wrap melted

STAY TUNED!