✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF04S (XHP70.2) & MF04 (XHP35 HI) - BRASS@.@

The thought there is probably to parallel the second battery carrier like the TK75 and TK61, the GT also parallel’s the second carrier. Voltage stays the same, capacity doubles. This doesn’t affect the driver at all.

I‘m curious how Mateminco/Astrolux have managed to balance the weight distribution with such a huge reflector and a short battery tube. I could imagine that the MT35/MF04 becomes very tail-heavy if extended by a long battery tube.

When will this flashlight available to buy?

Sample will arrive before this weekend.

Interested count me in for 1

Flash Tom, just because they made it LOOK balanced doesn’t mean that it is. :wink:

Keeping in mind of course that most of that large head is air, if they used an acrylic lens instead of glass the weight up front goes down dramatically…. I know this from having just rebuilt my 6th scratch built light with a 124mm reflector that takes a 130mm lens.

Interested

I’ve MF02, want “more power” :smiling_imp:

:arrow_right: Interested of course

I’m interested too! :smiley:

In Mateminco’s model designation, this MF04 is MT35+. (like Astrolux MF02 a re-badged MT35 Mateminco)

My question is: Can the MF02’s tube and battery carrier be interchangeably used in this MF04? (Assuming they run on the same voltage)

Interested depending on the price.

Yes, it has been confirmed by Steel1024 who has both.

It also uses an identical looking driver. Freeme said it was a different driver so it may have different firmware or different value resistors, etc… Turbo showed 2.55A using a clamp meter at the emitter.

Very interesting, they’re pushing the 35 right up to it’s sweet spot, cool!

Interested

I am just waiting for the code, so I can pay. Do You guys think this mf04 need a lexel driver ( ramping mode) ?

Right now it has the standard Astrolux MF02 UI. One click on, one click to cyle through the 4 brightness levels, then a press and hold to turn off.

The process to use Lexels MF02 driver should be exactly the same for the MF04. Meaning you convert the carriers from 6 volt to 12 volt and then swap out the driver.

…assumed the MF04 will not be sealed with red loctite glue and one has to treat the head with 600°C in a bench vise to get it loose. :wink:

So far these early versions of the MF04 are not sealed up, but you never know, Astrolux may start to use threadlocker on them in later versions.

I am totally torn between buying the MF02 right now, knowing that this one will most probably be sealed with threadlocker, and skipping it as the MF04 might be the better thrower. On the other hand, the MF02 is more handy…hard decisions ahead. :smiley:

One wise man once wrote to me:
“if you can not decide on one flashlight, buy both”
:sunglasses: