✌ FREEME - ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 7000lm 3000m+ Thrower Searchlight - $390 (restocked) + Free Charger

Size: 426mm x 160mm (OD) x 64mm

Weight (w/o battery): 3.4kg / 7.49 lb including handle

K, that's pretty big. Just drew it on paper and my hand is just a little bigger at ~ 185 mm.

So 160 mm MF05 vs. 135 mm BLF GT90 vs. 126 mm K75

2500 kcd vs. 1800 kcd vs. 1500 kcd

3.4Kg without batteries!!!

It has a huge price tag too.

Most likely, there is only expedited shipping method option available.

For those who are constantly in "disappointed" sentiment.

Please hit Ctl-W, and run as far away as possible from this thread NOW!

I am very sure that this is not the light that you are looking for.

Price is going to be out of reach for most including me.

I'll be happy to do a tear down review? Well for a small fee, like the cost of one of these things...

Big, heavy and now you’re telling me it has a huge price tag! They might aswell put 4 SBT90.2s in it at that weight. I maybe be wrong but I don’t think this light will sell very well. Another company will just come out with a smaller and lighter one with the same or better throw. Acebeam K75 weighs only 844g so 3.4Kg is four times as much! I was debating whether I should get this or not and now I know the answer.

I’m getting 32.56% difference. The equation that the values plug into is ((V1-V2) / ((V1+V2)/2)) X 100 = 32.56.

Keep in mind they are calculating how much of an INCREASE there is from 1800 to 2500. Not just the DIFFERENCE. It’s a 39% increase/28% decrease depending on which way you go. Your doing an average of the two.

:laughing: You did not realize this was an EXTREME monster did you? Lol

I think most knew when they saw this upper pic.

Extreme size = Extreme price

Plus the cooling handle just adds to the price more. Shipping will be high so they might roll that into the final price as well.

For a light this size it better not step down. It should be able to run on turbo till the batteries run dead lol

I think I pass and buy GT90 instead.

It has a fan. Hopefully that will get the job done.

GT90 = 2.7km
MF05 = 3.16km

2.7 x 1.17 = 3.159km

Your correct that it’s a 17% increase in throw, but the guys you quoted are talking about candela.

Different things can effect throw. The GT90 might be pushing the led a bit harder than the MF05. I believe it’s a FET driver. I’m not sure what driver the the MF05 is using. Has anyone said? If FET, it might be a bit less efficient. Also, batteries might be playing a role. The MF05 prototype might not have a perfectly centered or height adjusted led. Originally they listed it at 3500 meters, but that was probably a guess before the light was tested. There are a lot of variables so we might have to wait until they are actually tested to get real throw numbers.

Also keep in mind that throw numbers are just calculations for a distance where the output drops down to a certain level. The light actually travels further than the rating. So if you use binoculars you’d probably notice both lights illuminating things 4000+ meters out.

Even if the 2.7 and 3.1 numbers are correct, would you even notice the difference in brightness at 1 or 2 kilometers out? Probably not.

I just wish this comes with a RLT collar installed. It would bump it from 2.5 to 5MCD!

Freeme, how does the group buy thingy work? And how much does it usually reduce the price?

Basically, you fill out the form saying your interested. When the light is available for sale he will PM you with the details of where to go and his special coupon code to enter to get the Group Buy price.

It is usually the lowest price the light will be and the number of units available at this very low price are usually limited. After the group buy, there is usually a discounted price through Freeme, but it’s a bit higher. No limits on how many sold, though.

Thank you :smiley: I’ve added my details to the list. And now we wait. I really want this light :sunglasses:

Thanks JasonWW.

Expect slower reply as i am facing problem accessing BLF for the past 2 days form my desktop.

Oh yeah
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Probably look like this next to the GT