FREEME ✌ LUMINTOP CL2 4*SST20 NW 630lm Type-C Camping Lantern Group Buy - ALIVE!!!

Interested

Still interested, even though it has no magnet. Maybe I can fix that.

Okay.

I won’t say that I’m 100% satisfied.

The light itself is great. I’ve always wanted an AA based quality lantern. My problem is the 5000-6000k. Mine is definitely not warm, especially compared to the LT1. There no ‘’warm white magical camping mood’’. It works but… meh…

I'm quite sure it is in 3650-4000K for medium brightness. You mean they used new emitter now? When did you order yours?

I was among the first 30. I’ll try to take a picture compared to my LT1. It’s definitely not in the 3000K range. I would even be surprised if it in the 4500k range but I have no way to test that.

Beside the LED tint, this little lantern is great. High quality build and a lighted switch running from AA is a huge plus for me.

The CL2 has never been advertised as warm white, so why do you expect it anyway?

I wrote the exact color temperature (3650K) in post #126:

Like i wrote last month :wink:

Thanks for the hint to the Olight Bulb, which delivers 55lm of warm wite light (:

Not neccesary, BLF LT1 has 2750K. Lumintop CL2 has 3650K.

CL2 means Clone of LT1 Too (as well)

I haven’t heard anything yet, other than the OP description.

Interested in atleast 1

After seeing this, I did a quick search for more UI info. I found that Zeroair reviewed the CL2 and has lots of info about the UI and other details.

While looking through the data there, I noticed that the efficiency seemed to be really low. So I did some quick calculations, and it worked out to:

• 55 lm/W on li-ion
  • 10 lm/W on NiMH

Those are both pretty low for LED lights. Especially on NiMH, it’s not much better than an old incandescent bulb.

Then I was curious, so I checked the LT1 since the CL2 was clearly, uh, “inspired” by the LT1:

• 88 lm/W (LT1)

Not great, but not bad either. Mostly just average.

The CL2 kit comes with four 920 mAh cells, or 3680 mAh total. A single common 18650 35E cell holds 3500 mAh. After factoring in the difference in efficiency, this leads to some interesting runtime comparisons, assuming the same lumen output:

LT1 w/ 1 cell: (or a smaller 1x18650 amc7135-based light, like a Convoy S2 w/ diffuser cap)

• LT1 runs 1.5X as long as CL2 w/ 4x14500
  • LT1 runs 8.4X as long as CL2 w/ 4xNiMH

LT1 w/ 4 cells:

• LT1 runs 6X as long as CL2 w/ 4x14500
  • LT1 runs 33X as long as CL2 w/ 4xNiMH

Normally, a boost driver should be more efficient… but it looks like that’s not the case here. The CL2 in boost mode is an order of magnitude less efficient than a simple linear driver.

Coupon in OP.