[♛ FreemeGB] Fireflies PL47 Gen II 4*XP-L/ Nichia/ SST20 Hi CRI 21700 Right Angle Flashlight - ENDED

Yeah, the rest of the advice was sound but… Tom Tom knows this light is a quad, right?

Get Fireflies to make a light with a boost driver and to source E21s or 144As and that won’t be an issue… :heart_eyes:

Hmm… 5600K 144AM / 144AR, which is available in R9080, or 4500K in R9050 (would be good to consult with people at Nichia, if they can make it in R9080 as well) … sitting in a big multi emitter (separated enough with only minor overlapping) reflector to host 5 pieces of that (—> that reflector could be good for higher CRI /R9050-ish/ XHP35 HI as well) … or a single one behind a bigger, well-chosen TIR optics
…or 12 pieces of E21A R9080 with various color temperatures (5700K for a moderately cool white /will be a few hundred K-s cooler in reality/, 4500K - again, a very pure NW from Nichia, 3500K - a pleasingly, but not overly warm white), again behind TIR optics

I would love those, too :star:

I can’t remember the exact emitter model but the XHP35 HI in the Zebralight HI models is FANTASTIC too. From my understanding boost drivers are more expensive, but other than that don’t have much disadvantage in a single 18650 light? Nitecore and a few other brands seem to be moving to boost + XHP35 as well.

interested if this group buy is still active :)

I haven’t received my shipment notification yet, guess I was not in the majority of the orders that were going to ship by November 20… Snif!!! :frowning:

Am I the only one???

Same here. Did you request uninstalled magnet? I did and am guessing that will be the last batch, probably need to get those removed or those lights are being assembled last.

Other than XP-L Hi and an extra headband, I didn’t request any other options. While I did get the shipment notification email, it’s still not tracking in 17track or USPS, so getting the shipment notification or not may not mean anything in terms of when your light will actually ship.

Yes, I did request uninstalled magnet :frowning:

I’ve not received shipping notice either and I too asked for the magnet not to be glued.

I just received my shipping notice for the first of the two units I ordered. Second one I ordered a few days later than the first and requested the magnet separate (not offered when I placed the first order). Both with 219Bs. I just think he is just getting them out as quick as he can. I got a shipping notice a few day ago for my second ROT66 (order was placed at same time as my second PL47) so he is still producing both models as well as working on a new prototype. Pretty amazing to me.

Also, can anyone comment definitively that the Samsung 50E is safe to use on turbo without any caveats or limitations? Some of the recent discussion has caused me to wonder. I know there is a 3 year warranty and the 50E batteries are within the safe realm (10-20 A) range that Jack Zhang states at the end of his shipping emails, but I would rather err on the side of caution. Like other hot rods I own (Emisar D4’s with Nichia 219s for instance) when they get to hot the software reduces output or I turn it down or off manually. Please forgive me if this has been addressed earlier in the thread and some kind soul can just point me to the post(s). I have read it from the beginning but my memory retention is not what it used to be. What was once a bowl is now a collinder!

I didn't receive any notification too. I thought FF said they would give priority for my order. Anyway, 4th FF light conceptualization has already begun.

4th!? Give us some hints! :slight_smile:

Interested, depending on Price

Thank you!

I received shipping notification.package was sent via Russian courier service. Different shipping for different countries it is good)

Hi,
Is ist still possible to get a code? :slight_smile:

For better boost efficiency, I could imagine a battery tube, which could contain 2 set of 3P battery compartment in serial connection. That would make a nice, not too thick long grip on the flashlight body, and could go nicely to the multi emitter reflector I mentioned.

Yes 50E is definitely safe.

Is Sofrin 21700 4000mah 40A a good fit for SST20 option?

Yes, it is a good 21700 for the SST-20 option.

Surely not the most powerful option out there, but I decided to go with the LG M50 21700 INR 5000mAh/7.3A for my 2 219B PL47s that I’m still waiting to ship. At $18.39 shipped for 2 batteries within the US, that seemes like a decent price. I would think they would be safe to use on Turbo also.