[♛ FreemeGB] Fireflies PL47 Gen II 4*XP-L/ Nichia/ SST20 Hi CRI 21700 Right Angle Flashlight - ENDED

18650 button top will run without adapter and no issues…

Headlamp provided covers the fins on the PL47 so am concerned that this will reduce cooling ability……

[quote=BurningPlayd0h]

Lol, this is perfect.

Why is this User error? Why should anyone assume you have to remove the brass cap on the adapter?? So having NEVER used a 21700 battery adapter Like most others I would have assumed they just fit straight in with out the need to remove the cap….

I was going to say, I like that the light source is centered on your head, but if the light can’t be rotated, renders it useless as a headlamp.
Headlamp design seems to be an afterthought and FF messed up here.

Based on the provided info, the PL47 is a Right Angle flashlight.
Disappointing that it can’t be properly used as a headlamp…

Received my Pl47 today. Awsome little light. Bright enough for my intended use.

However, there is an EPIC FAIL

The headstrap doesnt fit the light!!

Will Fireflies correct this ?somehow make a replacment. Mod. Or adapter…??

Ok so I have been open about the fact I intended to use this as a headlamp with the provided headband.

take a look at the pl47 mounted on my caving head lamp……

look at the UPWARD angle! no way to angle down at all now look at how small the bands are as well… My helmet has a Thong…

The PL47 is a great light but a MASSIVE FAIL as a headlamp.

We are considering returning these for a full refund…

USELESS headband and even came with magnets installed even though I requested them NOT to be installed.

With the magnet installed I can’t keep it in my pocket on the hill as could demagnetised a compass…or just effect the compass in general if placed on a sternum strap.

For the purposed intended they are a HUGE FAIL.

We paid for the Headbands….

You said that your Xtar headband works fine. Why not use that and be happy? FireFlies is practically giving their cheap headband away, $2 each. I find it tough to find cause to complain.

I was thinking the same way. Included headmount didn’t look good from the begining so I way eyeing up Armytek one.

Do you own Armytek headband already and would you be able to check if it’ll fit well with PL47 when it arrives? Measurements tell me that it won’t be the greatest fit but maybe we’ll be lucky.

I was planning to use my PL47 (which I haven’t received any update about since Nov 22) as a headlamp for when I ride my dirtbike at night. I have a skilhunt H03 that works well but I’m going to give that to my brother so he can see when he rides with me. I didn’t realize they were gonna cheap out on the headband… It is practically useless without the option to rotate the light and it seems as if any rough riding will make it fall out.

From the very beginning I realized that the band at this light is laughter. I bought this light consciously with these defects, because it has to shine from the pocket of a jacket or pants. For this purpose, I think it will be perfect.

Finally got a 17track update, package arrived in the US (CA).

Yes I will use my Xtar headbands and thankfully have several others……. But it is NOT the point… the point is the headband is not fit for purpose… Also there should have been some warning/instructions relating to what you can and can’t do with the adapter….

That is the issue for me…

It has left a VERY sore taste and will certainly make me think twice and possible disregard any further firefly products…….

Does Xtar headband fit PL47 though?
Can you please check and let us know?

My tracking still shows “Picked up by shipping partner” Nov 18. No idea who the shipping partner is, but they must be using a row boat.

That’s kinda missing the point in my opinion. It’s a product they paid for and which is useless for the purpose intended. And they don’t practically giving the headband away, it seems like a regular price for a headband from China if you compare it to the other headbands linked here.

Being a manufacturer and selling a headband for your own light that does not do the job seems kinda fail to me. Did nobody really put that on, turned it on and said “oh… it shines in the wrong direction!”? oO

The adapter makes a 65mm battery fit a tube designed for a 70mm cell… There would be no reason to use it.

The fault is also on these battery sellers for marketing these much longer customized/protected cells as “18650”. However Olight DOES call their cells “customized” after all…

Some sort of warning is probably a good idea, but I certainly wouldnt have expected someone to try a nearly 70mm cell +adapter personally. I dont think you can expect a manufacturer to predict everthing someone will do with a light/batteries, especually with how much variation there is in cells.

Not many people were expecting them to fit, I stil ldont really understand the desire to use them in a quad FET with LVP thats almost guaranteed to trip the protection circuit anyway?

It would be great to know what dimension of cells fit, but I have plenty of lights that require specfic batteries, whether size/max drain/whatever.

Really it’s not a flashlight problem, it’s a presale problem. Once the reviews are out everyone will know how it works and what it fits. There isn’t a brand of torch out which can fit every single brand of battery. I kind of agree with Burning PlaydOh; I’ve measured most of my 18650s and depending on the PCB they can be a few mm wider and longer than the size indicates, even without one. I have the Acebeam 21700 so I’ll try it soon along with my Wuben 21700.

Torches sold with batteries as standard usually cost more; maybe that is how Fireflies should go from now on. Adding a charging port would be nice too but not entirely necessary, though they’re very helpful for people who don’t have chargers for li ion batteries or even ones which fit the 21700. The more consumer friendly, the wider the consumer base/market as well. This would give everyone something to use until they buy their own. I know he offers them for sale as an add on, just make it standard.

Expecting to put an 18650 into a 21-70 torch is just asking for trouble. That’s a 5mm mis-match in length. Even on paper.

To try to match that up really requires springs, and things, and knowledge, and tolerancing, and standards, not just a crushing piece. Or best not even to try.

It seems more of this Tesla inspired nonsense is still to come, whilst random manufacturers make things up as they go along, in the hopes of seducing people into buying their knock-offs.

At least FF made a (perhaps pathetic) attempt to try to match them up somehow.

At least an 18650 to 26650 adapter is easily done, and respectable in an engineering sense. As soon as you have to put some inter-posing piece in-between and try to maintain conductivity and contact resistances, it all starts to go downhill very fast.

Give them a break, this is only their second attempt at a torch. What were you expecting from the headband ? It was obviously mis-conceived as soon as you saw the pictures, or just checked in to try to convince peeps that this could be a credible head torch. As if.

Lohtse, you should have thought a bit harder about this before ordering a bunch of them for your business requirements. Cheapest is not always best (though this is not cheap), and I agree with the other poster that the anodising and surface finish looks pretty rough, and won’t get any better with use.

Well, to try to be supportive, what do you think of the aux. LEDs ?