[♛ FreemeGB] Fireflies PL47 Gen II 4*XP-L/ Nichia/ SST20 Hi CRI 21700 Right Angle Flashlight - ENDED

This:
RS282593572DE

Now:

It’s a completely different type of number.

It actually got stuck in inventory for a few weeks in Vancouver.

Wow, i ordered two additional PL47s on December 30th and both lights were delivered today. They actually shipped from Claremont CA so within CONUS. Again, very pleased with both. Initially had ordered the XPL HI 5000K but wanted something warmer so order the SST20 and the XPL HI 4000K. The magnets were also not glued in this time around as I requested. I requested they not be glued in on my initial purchase but it came glued.

The only issue I have with the 4000K XPL HI is the ramp configuration. Which is actually my lack of knowledge of Anduril really. My 5000K XPL HI has a 6 step ramp to ceiling. My SST20 has a 7 step ramp to ceiling and my 4000K XPL HI has a 4 step ramp to ceiling. I’d like to modify the 4000K XPL HI for more steps but apparently can’t understand the instructions. Can someone break it down for me in how to set the ceiling and then how many desired steps in between? I’d greatly appreciate it.

Diaregard. Finally figured it out.

I was crawling in some ducts yesterday, and was installing insulation on the inside of them.
So this light was perfect for this, because it has the magnet. So I could just put it on the duct, since the duct is metal.
But When the light was on, and it was sitting on the duct. It made a very high pitched sound.
And the more I increased the brightness, the louder it got. Even my coworker outside the duct could hear it very well.

It has nothing to do with the function of the light, it works and behaves as it should.
I just found this rather strange. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know, but the light maybe created some resonance and the duct amplified it somehow?

Audio ramping... Should have thought of that. Now if we can get that work'n with lightning mode we'd have thunder

One of the LEDs on mine has died already :person_facepalming:

Is this the support email address you guys have used: FF-light@hotmail.com ?

Yes that is the email. I had the same thing happen to mine. I had the nichia version and was using the 48G battery on stock settings.

Still waiting on my replacement to arrive.

I have also gotten a response by sending a PM through BLF.

I got a response back almost straight away saying they will send out a replacement light immediately, so at least they are doing their best, good work Jack from FF

Regarding my PL47 that had the aux-LEDs that stopped working, and also caused my battery to drain below 2.0v when in standby mode — I only got an email reply back from Jack that he will give additional discount (not sure if that means a partial refund thru PayPal) on that defective light (to be exact, the main LEDs still work, but draining batteries to below 2.0v while in standby mode does seem to be a serious defect, isn’t it?)

I’ll try to email him that the discount/refund does not appear to be acceptable, what do you think?

I’d be saying that to him, that the light isn’t acceptable and is very unsafe and you want a new light.
I sent him the above photos, seems proof goes a long way

Just received my replacement PL47. It’s been about 3 weeks after Jacky confirmed that he will send me replacement and the actual shipment notice, but finally it arrived in good condition. And this time with emitters that I ordered it.
The new light tail magnet is pretty weak, it barely holds tube only on a flat surface, luckily for me my defective light tail cap is strong enough to hold light with the battery on same surface. I can see some scratches on the optics close to the three cut legs, also there is color difference in anodization of the battery tube and rest of the flashlight, but at least now I have a working light :slight_smile:

I received replacement light for my DOA PL-47, only ten days after Jack’s email of shipment notice!

I asked to change to the high CRI SST emitters from the XPLs I ordered after the great impressions on here. The box I received is labeled as XPL Hi, but the light does not match the tint or color quality of other 5000K XPL Hi lights I have so I assume the box was just labelled wrong. I have been quite pleased in the short time with the quality of the color from the high CRI LEDs (or my placebo effect)

The anodizing is not consistent in either light, but by swapping the battery tubes I was able to get a closer match top to bottom on the good light. The first magnet (ordered unglued) was not very strong when I installed it, but fits so tightly that I was unable to remove it for replacement with a stronger one. Thankfully the new tailcap has a stronger magnet! Unfortunately it is glued but it being strong enough to hold the light with 21700 is all that really matters.

I really like this light now that I have a functioning one, anduril is pretty neat, like the aux emitters as well. It carries pretty well head down with an M2R clip in jeans pockets, I was a bit concerned this might be too large or awkwardly shaped.

A week later they tell me they are now going to send out the replacement TOMORROW and now they don’t have black and won’t be making black again, so now I am stuck with a broken black one and a champagne colored one on its way

Sorry Jack and FF, you’ve lost me as a potential future customer

Ok, Jacky now emailed me back that he will send a replacement PL47 XPL-Hi, but he mentioned the 5000K is out of stock but the “5A” 4200K is in stock, if I’m amenable to that instead. I suppose it’s worth a try to get that XPL-Hi 4200K tint so I accepted his offer. Now waiting for replacement to arrive…

Website (http://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54) is down to 2 LED options but black is still listed.

I think I have an E07 on the way. The E07 finish options look great in the pics - hope it's better than the champagne PL47. I think they got a bad batch in of anodizing for the champagne PL47's and made the decision to use them, either for time and/or cost reasons. It's bad news if they decided to drop black.

Nice find, I just emailed Jack saying I want exactly what I ordered (black XPL HI 5000K) or refund me.

So yesterday I lost it. I can not live with an unreliable light. And my PL47 simply has too many defects.

• came with weak fridge magnet in tailcap
  • battery tube too short (has to be unreasonable hard turned into the head to touch the driver)
  • difficult to get a connection after untwisting tail to lock-out

And after all the time i put into getting a functioning ROT66, I’m done with FF.

So it had to die. Those 219B emitters are too pretty to be wasted in this.
Here are some pics of the internals, as far as I have gotten.
Was hoping the MCPCB was swappable to the D4. But I guess i have to do some reflow’in

PL47 optic next to D4 optic

More pics in album

Post 2000!

(At the moment)

Wow thay hurts seeing the head cut like that...

Yea, Hank at IOS is a great detail oriented dealer/manufacturer with heavy emphasis on QC and just overall quality. I've dealt with him many times, and he's offered me discounted LED's and MCPCB's that failed his QC checks, and all the rejected parts I got from him were 100% usable. Richard is the same way and he's rejected or will not sell many inferior products he got in. There are some good guys out there. Obviously we can't see what's goin on, but it's happened over and over again where things take forever, dragged out seems like, then suddenly one day --- it's gotta ship and ship right now, so all the efforts in development and planning seem wasted when inferior products w/defects and QC issues get shipped. Actually it's not so different than what goes on here in the US, but again, depends on the process and final decision makers.

Really liked these little lights after seeing them on here, so I ordered up an E07 and a PL47 a few weeks ago.

They arrived yesterday along with the three cells I ordered and a nice charger.

Both worked well once the batteries were charged up and I particularly liked the PL47.

Sad to say, that is the one that has stopped functioning correctly.

The top right Primary led is now broken, it remains off through all the modes and with any cell. Also as soon as the led went, the programme jumped to step brightness changes, not smooth.

In that regard, the UI is infuriating in its totality, so many modes!

I’ve emailed FF and await a reply.

Turn the light on, then click 3 times. It should go back to smooth.