"friends of banggood" vs. MAP

The Manufacturer sets the policy and then decides how and when to enforce it (or not).

Most of them just state it so they can say they have a policy when in real world practice the manufacturer often will sidestep their own policies to get rid of old stock.
This is usually done through a valued vendor to sweeten a large buying program or it can be done directly buy the Mfg. through outlets such as epay and they will claim that the product is “Recertified”, open box, etc. when in fact it is just overstock.

Think of the old days of Albums, remember the “Cut Out discount section” of the Record Stores?
Once it had the small snip out of the corner or just a small slice in the cover, it was considered damaged goods and could then be sold for way less with no repercussions from the labels. It was accepted policy for decades.

Thanks,
Keith

My point is that if you want to point the finger, point it at the manufacturer. They are the ones who set the terms, and they are the ones who enforce them.

How much time has been spent on Group Buys that get tanked by MAP? Seems like a regular occurance around here.

This is what I find humorous. When it inevitably does go South, some members get bent out of shape as though it is some sort of big surprise…as if cancellation of the GB could never be a logical consequence to begin with. Hello?

With so many companies producing amazing lights, I just don’t understand the fascination with finagling a Group Buy/MAP showdown. Maybe it is a forbidden fruit kinda thing?

How about organizing Group Buys only with companies that do not have a MAP policy? That is what I do…

Why mot do group buy on light that doesn’t have MAP? :bigsmile: