FS- CYCLONE C88 ..."it took a bullet"....cheap!

I don’t think it actually save his life. He’s just noting that it could, and what the story would sound like if it had happened that way :slight_smile:

Yeah…you earned the implied facepalm glare

*I’m…so…ashamed……

and I have my firearms safety certificate too

I could post some stories that would curl your toes. I ran a range in the Army for a while and let me tell you what. It was dangerous job! (NCOIC Infantry) We used to say that “everyone gets a case of the dumb sh#ts sometime” and it’s true. We had to qualify everyone from Infantry Vets to dentists and you never knew who would do something stupid. Don’t beat yourself up too bad about it though. Just learn your lesson and be glad nobody got hurt.

The grenade range was even worse. I have had more than one grenade dropped at my feet.

Love that guy, Talk about a man that can shoot!

.” I have had more than one grenade dropped at my feet. ”

WOW I bet that tests your reaction time….

Yep you can pick it up and toss it or kick it into a trench. You are tossing them from a cement slab with a trench around it that is about 8 feet deep. You are basically in a cement room that is about 5x5. The concussion is the worst part really and getting shook up.

One of the things people don’t know is that a grenade is not as deadly as you would think. In the movies when you drop a grenade it blows up the room knocks down doors etc. They are not that powerful. Don’t get me wrong they make a heck of a boom and toss a lot of shrapnel. But they are not blowing doors off their hinges. After all they are meant for using fairly close up without killing the guy who tossed it. We practiced tossing them in bunkers all the time as well. Those ones we “cooked” off. Pop the clip and count to three before tossing it in. That’s so the enemy doesn’t have time to toss it back out.

I knew a lot of guys who got hurt by them but only knew one guy who was killed. He tossed it up a strairway to clear a room and it got kicked back down onto him. Didn’t cook it off long enough. Three seconds is a long time with a live grenade in your hand. It seems like forever. There are stories of guys falling on grenades for their buddies and living. So that would give you an idea of how far off the movies are.

Now that truly is some interesting information. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Well worth the price of admission as a conversation starter alone! I bet you’re already thinking up stories to tell when people see it on your mantle. :smiley:

maybe I should have charged more…. 8)
hmmm….or an auction
he hasn’t paid yet so what am I bid! :Sp

Little puff of black smoke…little shards of metal…loud CHOOOOOOOM…that’s about it…if you are within about 30 feet of a grenade going off…you are having a VERY bad day

Not some house blowing up, doors flying off, fireball of doom…however, jumping on one not many survive…this guy did
Kyle Carpenter - Wikipedia Semper Fi!

I digress and don’t want to kick someone for violating rule #1 of firearm safety…I guarantee he feels bad enough already

and yeah…it can either be a talking point to teach people about firearm safety or embelished to wow your drinkin’ buddies

“So there I was…saving a bus full of swedish bikini team girls when a guy tried to highjacks us…” :smiley:

If anyone deserves the Medal of Honor it’s this guy for sure. Not bad for a Jar Head! :stuck_out_tongue:

I can one up you: the swedish bikini shooting team! Although having you around might be irrelevant, considering their accuracy…

the only incident with guns that I have ever had was I got handed a rifle to be cleaned, and the kid said “I am positive it’s unloaded” :expressionless: That was proved to be a lie.

back on topic
how is the beam on the light now that the reflector is bent?

semi-related yet very interesting:

bent reflector = bent beam pattern :stuck_out_tongue:

I would keep it, a testament to chinese engineering, its the best $45 you ever spent

+1, as well as a reminder

Yeah, keep the flashlight, sell the HK. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like Boazs’ shopping philosophy .

Sight unseen
stops a bullet
ship it !

It is easy to do!

I was at a range when a goof ball “highly trained officer of the law” let a round loose from his glock. It shot threw the black glock box & counter top and hit a concrete wall. Being at a indoor gun range it only sounded odd. When we turned to look he was freaking out looking around him self and others to see if anyone got hit. Needless to say, he wasn’t allowed at the range again. The range left the hole and put a sign by it to remind others to be safe. Now, I am Mr. Range Safety when I am around others shooting. Regardless of their claimed fire arm training skill level.
I have been hunting too many times and seen people leave a shell in their auto shot gun. Before we leave the shooting post, I personally check all firearms. I do it also before we leave if someone goes to take out their gun. I am the one to do it, because I always have a flashlight! lol

Read & heard too many stories of guys getting blasted by their gun loading up the boat or their dog steps on the shotgun releasing the safety and activating the trigger. It is fairly easy and common.

Anyways, my story was for a free bump for your sale!!!

Good luck.

One of my favorite lights....