FS: New Fire Foxes III mini 40W HID FF3 FireFox 3

two hands to clap!

I got the clap once involving no hands…

Guys, as entertaining as this is let's stop posting here. It is a FS thread...

Sorry Dale, but I have seen no post of apology from the OP. Only rude offensive comments. IMO, breaking the carnal rule of salesmanship has no allowances in this case. Most people will never do business with a rude individual who lacks any tact, regardless of the situation. Businesses are often instantly crushed in situations like these, and deserving so. We have all been around long enough to know how the OP could easily have turned out being the shinning star after the first reply. Instead, he chose to use a larger hammer to stroke his own ego.

Let this thread stand as a classic example of who not to deal with in the future. Luckily, Google search will lead many others here before they decide where to spend their money.

Key words: soarer8 FrugalBuyer Fire Foxes III mini 40w HID flashlight

And with that… UNSUBSCRIBED

+1

I am going to disengage as well. This is a sales thread.

Those Panasonic NCR18650A protective batteries from my experience I don’t believe will come close to fitting in the FF3 battery holder even if you trim the negative springs way down. They are too long. My KeepPower 18650 3400mah barely fit and was very tight to get in the holder. And they were a lot shorter. Just thought I’d point that out. Any battery longer than 68.5mm is gonna be hard pressed to fit in that holder.

It would be, if posted in the WTS section...

Me too, 3 times……hehe

I’m with the OP on this one. It’s actually a great deal for the FF3 considering you can’t buy them new anywhere else. And who wouldn’t get upset about a couple of ignorant and rude remarks being posted to your sale thread? Maybe those people who think that only CPF has rude members may want to think again.

I resisted, but I have to say it, it seems the op only signed up to post fs threads rather than subscribe to cpfmp, that’s ok I guess but the rude condescending reaction provoked an unnecessary response on others part. Its six of one,half a dozen of the other.

For the record I’m not ok with someone signing up to flog their wares and make no contribution to the community unless they abide by the traders rules, stick to the traders forum and act with a little decorum.

I also think that someone signing up to a forum to make money takes the mickey somewhat.

He clearly stated that he bought two so he could keep one and sell one. I wonder if he has paid tax and import duty on bringing in a light to sell on for a profit?

Again, this isn’t a for sale thread as it is in the discussion forum.

you live in the UK, but you feel the need to be a lackey for US IRS

you’d fit right in w/ californians - up in everybody elses business lol

no duty on < $800 of personal purchases last time i checked. was purchased for profit? or changed his mind about giving it as a gift :stuck_out_tongue:

No my main issue was that he was trying to use people of the forum to make money for himself. I then rambled on about tax etc.
I love to receive items as “gifts” but I know I’m pushing my luck a lot of the time and have been forced to pay the costs a fair few times.

I was interested as I was after a FF3. I think I’m going to wait and buy one of Saablusters OMG lights in the near future. It isn’t the cost involved or the price is too high, it just doesn’t fit with the prices I’ve seen recently or the fact that you can buy them new etc

I wouldn’t buy it purely on principal…

Edit, also, if the mamfacturer is back ordered till April, how did the op get two?

Definitely wouldn’t buy it on principal, I smell a rat. :expressionless:

My only comment: PICS!

Budget + Frugal ≠ Fly + Afford + $600 for 2 FF3

Wow, call me rich!

With no attitude.

This thread remembers me why I don’t go to CPF anymore :slight_smile: <3 BLF

Let’s re-read the original post. Don’t you think it could have been done in a more euphemistic, mild-mannered way but still get the same message across? If it was, then all this might have been avoided.

You mean

“Hi, I can’t be arsed contributing but I’ve landed myself with this $300 light, you should buy it, its ace, see you after my next trip to the orient”
Yeah, that’d do it…

Hi everyone,

I’m a bit late to the game on this post. The OP has already been edited, so I don’t know what the tone what like. But at any rate, nothing is accomplished by trying to “put somebody in their place” or make them realize the error of their ways. Doesn’t matter if it’s an overpriced flashlight or a $1000 bag of soil mulch, if the price is too high or you’re not interested, just close the tab and move on. If the price is too high or or the seller is offensive, he won’t sell anything, and he’ll be forced to change his ways. But rudeness doesn’t help anything, and is against the rules here. That goes for both the OP and the commenters.

I did move this thread into the proper “Want to Sell” category. FrugalBuyer, please use this category in the future for selling personal items.

Thanks, have fun!