FS: PilotPTK 3 x XM-L Module and Maglite host

Well I'm no longer selling this. Got Nitro's green tri-bored Mag with 17670 battery holder and the light is working great! However, I had wondered before how the batteries had died in a month or so time after leaving the light on my shelf. I measured amperage from the tailcap and it's coming up with almost a milliamp draw when in standby, or more accurately 900 uA. Does that seem right PPtk? By my calculations, with 1,800 mAh batteries, they will last 83 days until fully drained. On the downside too with no anno on the mag threads the only way to ensure there's no parasitic drain is to completely remove the tailcap.

EDIT: And yes, I'll get pictures up...sometime.

Make, or have someone make, a tailcap switch Mod for on/off.

A PIC in sleep mode should only be around +/- 30ua standby current with the minimum of peripherals enabled. You would have to add in anything else in circuit though, like a voltage regulator, driver chip, etc. Sometimes a micro can enable/disable certain external peripherals for less drain, but it could mean more parts, board space or trace routing problems.

I can send you some nylon or Delrin rod to fit in the Mag tailcap, if needed. It is then only a question of boring the rod, then some threading, drilling, and fabricating a retention ring for the switch.

Thanks guys. I'll consider that at some point, but I won't have the time for a few months. I think something is not right with the module. I can actually hear and see an arc when installing the tail cap.