FT Generic EA4

Mouse out for UltraFire SH-A4 EA4 clone

Mouse over for JetBeam PA40W

Thanks ezarc. You blinded the Kangaroo in the background. Apart from tint how do you like the light?

Actually it woke the cows up the other side of the creek, I could hear them mooing and they never do that at night time unless they are disturbed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from the tint and modes, its exactly like a EA4 so far. I wish I had a EA4 still to do a beam shot comparison to see if the output is the same or close. I’m convinced its a unbranded EA4 with a different driver but I could be wrong.

I’m pleased with it and am looking forward to seeing how it compares to the other EA4 clone at FT.

For the money ($28) I doubt there is anything better that takes AA’s.

Oohh . . . Tempting! Thanks for the info ezarc! Looking forward to the full review! (It does need an emitter swap to a neutral tint though).

-Garry

Thanks ezarc

A lot of us very interested in this one I think, especially if the switch boot is sturdy.

Is there really as much tint difference as there appears to be in your photo? It does look rather blue when compared with the warmer tint of the Jetbeam but how does it seem in real life?

I don't suppose you'd care to offer an opinion on whether an emitter swap would be relatively simple or would require cracking loctite?

Cheers

The tint is cool but perhaps a little less blue than it looks in the photo, there was a frost so I think it made it look more blue when reflecting off the white. But still its cooler than I like.

I haven’t taken it apart yet, I might try to borrow but I think from memory the EA4 had its own PCB that the emitter was mounted on and not just a generic one so it might require The LED to be reflowed.

I need some help deciding. Should I wait for them to get it (if they ever get it), get the UltraFire SH-A4 instead, or get the TrustFire A8?

The fandyfire warrior looks tempting too.

At last my Generic EA4 Light shipped last night.

Mine too, I hope its made better than the UltraFire one I bought.

Also the send it SG post after I have asked them 3 times to send all my orders with HK post.

Mine was shipped too. Finally! Hope the button isnt flimsy.

Be interesting to see who gets theirs first in the post, mine also sent via SG.

Is the lowest mode really ultra low or it’s 65lm “micro” like in original EA4.

About 50+ lumens for “ultra low” on the $30 one, not sure about the $35 one yet.

hmmm….
US$ 37.40

http://dx.com/p/lightmore-fa4-cree-xm-l-u2-600lm-5-mode-cool-white-flashlight-black-4-x-aa-4-x-14500-236427

U2 LEDs. Box also claims 860lm. This one comes with a holster and this version has a nice bezel around the switch. Makes the light look more expensive.

My EA4 clone landed locally, now to see how long it appears in my post box , hopefully this week 8)

I actually got mine last friday. Output is decent… Very good for AA batteries. Mode arrangement is extremely annoying. Switching between modes too fast will trigger as double click and go into strobe. I have to cycle all the way through… SLOWLY to turn it off.

I do like the option of going into turbo by holding down 2 seconds… But I have to still cycle through to turn off!

Button is super thin, smoked translucent.

Do you have the Genuine EA4 to compare it?

Unfortunately, I dont.

Ok I will do a simple comparison when mine arrives, as I have the genuine EA4