That’s a very interesting question!

May be we can add this to our signature at CPF:

Done, and added link too :)

The thread has disappeared!

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spam in sigline

Date the ban will be lifted: 10-03-2011, 12:00 AM

:D

So much for that. That's a shame because I really just want to tell everyone who posts in the budget section over there just to give up and come over here.

It's simple, don't do anything obvious like that. Just post links to relevant BLF threads if the OP could benefit from info in it. They can't remove links to useful and relevant info. If BLF is as useful as we all think then we should get this opportunity all the time. I've done it a few times and never had the link removed.

WoW that was FAST!

I did the same with my sig, I added that icon and a link on it, But I don't know why but my sig. isn't showed (even with BBcode!!)...

I'm going to edit my sig and put only the icon, If my sig. realizes/wants to show up, then will they bann me just because it? I'll give it a try

You know why they deleted it? Because the original poster sounded like a complete newb, but his last (his second) post which came at 4:00pm yesterday, the guy sounded like he knew alot about flashlights, talking about modding and such.

Obviously, a thread just to belittle XXXXFires. So a decent mod prob deleted it. At least, I would hope that's what happened.

I say we should all go back to the budget section and post good threads and reviews just like we do here. Just omit any product links and remember to stay on topic. Start a thread here and start the same one over there. We should go over there and respond in the same confident manner as we do here. If some nutjob starts thrashing the product just cuz it's a XXXXFire, IGNORE them. Don't respond to them. Make them the oddball out. If we have enough of our supporters, they'll eventually stop, at least for that particular thread. The budget section there is meager at best and mainly only talks about rominsen or solarforce. (not that there's anything wrong with those)

What say you fellas? Watching everyone from here defending XXXXFire in that thread was actually quite moving. lol

Why contribute ANYTHING to that dump? Make BLF better, not CPF. Leave it alone. There's no prize for being right and they won't let you appear to be right anyway. If you keep the good stuff here people will find it. If you share it, they believe it is a creation of CPF.

Because IMO, it was a great site BEFORE budget lights came about. Since they can't make money off budget lights, DM51 has blossomed into the creation that he is.

And it's not so that CPF get's credit, it's so that we can point them over this way through legit posts and pms. ;)

I think that we can respond to user's questions at CPF and always give a link to here with a related and useful thread for the topic starter.

Now I realize that I discovered this forum by that way, first time I started just reading CPF (without registering) i was fascinated of CPF's tons of good info and projects, so I registered (and the first thing I noted was that red screen that will disappear only when I have at least three posts... that scared me a little about what to post and what to ask; i mean, new member in a new forum, and that red screen... not much friendly). Then I started reading topics with links to this forum, since I already had lots of bookmarks to read from CPF I bookmarked this page but then deleted it because I didn't have much time to read and already though that CPF has everything... later I realized that it has everything but doesn't have a nice ambience.

So I continued seeing links to this forum, and I liked very much the way it looks (CPF is too dark, it isn't much confortable) and the reviews with pictures, the stars rating (this stars ★★ while reading the review), then I noted a nice ambience and so I decided to have a bookmark (again, but keeping it this time) and decided to register.

So, resuming, put links to useful and clear reviews or info is an excellent way to help people and to help them to get out of that prison!!

Thanks for the compliment! That's me. Needed that today!

Rich

Someone ought to start a forum similar to this one but called QFF...Quality Flashlight Forum.

Have the same personality and rules as here but just talk about expensive flashlights. Between QFF and BLF maybe CPF would go away just like the Soup Nazi did :)

+1

You have been banned for the following reason:
Off-board coordinated attack of CPF

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Wow, quite harsh punishment for 1 comment :O

quote=M3TAL_L0RD

>> You have been banned for the following reason:
>> Off-board coordinated attack of CPF

That means the guy is reading. LOL!

That's a good approach and what I try to do. A nudge over to BLF in context. I don't post reviews over there because they just don't care and they accidentally deleted a couple of reviews I did post there.

If everybody keeps going there and pushing BLF, they'll prohibit links to BLF altogether and they're clearly already watching what is said here and nobody is being too covert. :p

Enjoy BLF and in doing so you'll create content exclusive to BLF, increase the traffic here ,and move BLF even higher up Google's results and THAT'S where new people come from.

Too much energy is wasted on what happens there. Focus. :p

It's Good for you....like Vitamins.....always add -CPF

I wished that I had seen this post sooner, I would have really liked to have my post near the top so EVERYONE that looked would see it.

After looking at CPF as a registered user, and tired of the "Red Screen" that demanded 3 or more posts, to get it to "go away". I tried replying to some posts, mostly to ask questions.

That DOUCHE BAG known as DM51 threatened me with censure for my inappropriate posts, I was just asking questions, albeit about budget lights.

THANK YOU the DOUCHE BAG known as DM51, without you poor, sniggly (I know, not a word), demeaning moderation, I wouldn't have found this forum!

I hope that the DOUCHE BAG known as DM51, from this day forward, has all of their food taste like P00P.

I apologize to the moderator(s), and any members that might be offended by my posting of my thoughts and feelings about the DOUCHE BAG known as DM51.

Sometime there are those that are just a wasted life.

If I must be put to death or banished to anywhere but CPF for this post, I will take it like a man, and perhaps just lurk instead of future posts. I hope not!

Thanks BLF members, keep the faith!