FW1A Pro - replacing emitter for more throw

Thanks for posting your results, great info. That 68,000cd is impressive for a slim 25mm head.

Ya, i believe this is as far as it gets with a 25mm head.
If anyone ever come across any other flashlights of similar size out there that throws further, please let me know.

Yeah, I think so too. I’m drawing a blank on anything else that would out do it outside of lep technology which isn’t a fair comparison. I suppose there are some customs perhaps… you would just need a a longer/deeper reflector, but not aware of any. The only thing that comes close is the Sky Lumen XXI with the sbt90.2,but it’s a hair bigger I believe at about 26.6mm. It’s rated at 70kcd so pretty much the same, and undoubtedly would drain your battery faster and generate more heat also I would imagine. Here’s a link to it. Sky Lumen XXI - Compact SBT90.2 Clicky Thrower Also, the sbt90.2 in a fw1a hybrid body is only showing 45kcd here: Search: 2 results found for "Fw1a" - Sky Lumen Please let me know also if anyone knows of a 25mmish headed light that’ll do more than 70kcd.

I cannot believe Lumentop ships these with the MCPCB just haphazardly squashed down on the wires like that, thats absolutely bonkers.

Your mod looks great though

Thanks!
Actually it is not Lumintop’s fault.
This shelf is for a triple led FW3A, therefore the hole for the wires is in the middle.
I modded it to fit the single led mcpcb.
An FW1A will have 2 holes on the sides for the wires.

Hi, do you have amp draw numbers for the tests? The FW1a driver is an unregulated open FET?
Thanks

This was so confusing.

Question on the F1WA vs FW1A Pro:

As far as made aware they use the same driver. Is one FET limited or disabled and the other not? Or are both fully utilized? In my mind I'd imagine the FW1A having FET either limited (50% maybe?) or disabled altogether is this the case or not the case? If I want to run one with an SFT40 do I need to either buy a Pro or flash the driver or am I good to install with no limitations?

Do you have the correct link for the TIR optic? The link you have provided is for Taobao and it redirected me to an error page.

Im digging this out, recently bought FW1A Pro from Neals and broke stock XHP50. I swapped to SFT40 6500K but it was weird, then i remembered about L90 from Kaido and tried it, boom.

In stock OP reflector it got me 36kcd vs 26kcd from SFT40 ;D Waiting now for SMO reflector and this will be ultimate small cheap hot-rod thrower, less lm than SBT90.2 but more range.

1 Thank

In my fw1a I’m using the l70 hi with a drilled out s21a smooth reflector.
It has a small ring in the beam from the less than perfect drilling.