FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

I noticed there’s a slight delay after the switch is depressed until the light turns off. turning on the light does not have the same delay.

… indeed there is, very observant. I’d like a quicker off.

Oh, good. I was afraid it was the whiskey.

This is how Anduril works. It looks for another click before turning off. It prevents the light from turning off completely when you do a double click to Turbo.

Narsil, on the other hand, will turn off completely, although briefly, during a double click.

So there are pros and cons to each method.

As JasonWW said, there are tradeoffs. It can respond at button press, button release, or after a timeout. Each one has benefits and drawbacks.

• Press-off: Nobody really uses this; it’s basically incompatible with ramping.
  • Release-off: Turns off faster, but also causes the light to go dark for a moment when doing multi-click actions: a double click for turbo, click-release-hold to ramp down, triple click to change ramp styles, or quad click to access config mode.
  • Timeout-off: Turns off a bit slower, but doesn’t have any interruptions during actions which require more than one click.

People have some disagreements about the same thing while turning the light on, too. Press-on, release-on, and timeout-on are all used in different lights, for different reasons.

I’ve been meaning to add a compile-time option to choose which style to use, but still haven’t yet.

FYI, user Boaz has some diffuser film available that is reported to spread out the beam similar to an elliptical optic. I believe he mails it in a standard envelop to keep the shipping cost low, and he indicates he can send it internationally. See what he lists as #5. Also get yourself a sheet of #1 if your order from him.

I don’t know if it works as well as the Carclo 10510 optic, but I have some on its way, and will try to find time to do a couple quick test shots once I receive it.

My 2 pcs arrived yesterday and works perfectly ! Awesome little light !
Thanks everyone who had part in making of this flashlight !

So hard to choose, it’s weird to edc both right?

Timeout-off is the better option. It’s the way Zebralight does it, which I’m used to, and most people seem to really like that UI.

Haven’t had this much fun with a light since the A6. Great light

Just received mine. I got to say the interface is übergreat. It's my first Anduril and now I understand the prize.

Just can't stress this enough: BIG Congrats to everyone involved, particularily @ToyKeeper!

Now what is the safest way to ensure which tint has been received?

Is the SST-20 confirmed? Do we know how those notifications will be coordinated?

Most likely ’if & when’ the SST 20 happens it will be announced on this thread by someone.

Toykeeper set up a site where you can follow her current/future projects and ideas. After much persuasion from BLF members, TK set up a way for folks to donate to help support her time and talent on those projects if they wanted to. It seems there are a lot of folks “thanking her” and Im guessing there are some that are new here (and maybe some that are not) that may not be aware of the donation option. She set it up so you can donate as little as $2…… or just a little per month. If everyone gives a little it would go a long way to not only making more projects possible, but ALSO showing the ‘Queen of Light’ our appreciation for all she has done for us…… Just Sayin……….
Sorry Selene……… had to do it.

Here is the Link

According to Lizzie Hale: “Two is better than one, three is better than two.” so no, not weird. Plus they’re only small so total sizewise it’s just like carrying one.

I'd be glad to do a little more than just posting a nice "Thank You" image for her, but as I understand it there is no way to make a momentary payment. Only monthly donations. Am I missing some setting?

Not “weird” at all. Remember, when the chips are down…
Two is One and One is None

You can join, do a one time contribution & cancel after it posts.

Or you can join, do monthly contributions. They can easily be changed month to month. So, for instance; join at $2 a month (or whatever amount). Then on a month if you want to give extra, up it to whatever you want to contribute… say $100 (or whatever amount). Change it to $100 (or whatever amount) for that month. When payment posts… change it back to $2 (or whatever you wish.)

It is somewhat flexible if you play with it.

edited for clarity.

I am not a fan of patreon, the page does help us learn a bit about her, while I may be interested in her cause, I want nothing to do with patreon. Does she have her own site?

Got my lights in the mail a few days ago, just now tried 2 use them. Idk if it’s a quality control issue but I cant them to work correctly. Like my batteries are too big? The cap wont screw on all the way and when I get it on all the way the button wont depress at all.

I’ve tried both protected and unprotected button top 18650s. I also only inserted the batteries at the head per the instructions. And o my 18650w aren’t dead.