FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Yes, it leaves a gap where the clip was. The clip isn’t really held very tight, and requires an O-ring to add pressure if it’s not meant to spin freely.

Ye, copy the best, the rest :slight_smile:

Finally got my CW FW3A.

I have built several S2+ with this config in the past but I haven’t met the full power of a triple XP-L HI with a carclo optic until now, the reason is quite simple and that is an unobstructed optic.

It feels fantastic in the hand and the clicky action feedback is something I wouldn’t expect for a light that only costs $36. UI matches perfectly with the rear e-switch.

I went with CW just to play it safe, I expected a little flashlight that looked cute and innocent on the outside but can outperform any other light it’s size and that’s exactly what I got. There’s no yellow in low modes, no green, no artifacts, and “low cri” is a non-issue 99% of the time. Makes me wonder if we don’t give the XP-L HI enough credit.

My only complain would be the hint of blue in the grey, but that can be solved with future versions in more interesting materials.

Thanks for that, regarding the CW. I “need” to buy another one of these, and am on the tint fence. The 3D is great, but I don’t really “need” another in the same tint. 7A is probably too warm, so, even though it is a bit outdated by tint standards, I am considering the 1A, and of course I love that it will be brighter.

Somewhat related, if the SST-20 version happens; I know it is a throwier emitter, but the XPL’s are brighter. Will it actually out throw the XPL’s, or because of the lumen difference, will the Crees still have more throw?

XP-L HI is a glorious emitter. Powerful, throwy and has a very clean consistent tint that is usually more on the rosy side. The SST-20 has a smaller die, but it also has a dome and less output, so I’m not sure if it’ll out-throw the XP-L HI or not.

Are the D4 flashlights on Intl-Outdoor now selling with Anduril installed on them? I’m going to have to pick one up if so.

Hank just posted that Andúril is now an option for the D4. :+1:

Due to shipping issues I am still waiting, apparently marking out an additional company line on the parcel did not work.

I am very very jealous of you all, that already have their lights.

hi all,

Thanks for this project, I signed up for 2x flashlights and I am on the list. The team sent me the code.
Is there any indication when the 30$ light comes out? I checked on Neal’s shop several times but there is no variant that I signed up for. I have a huge amount of LEDs at home and also optics and rest. If there won’t be a SST20 light, can I order a host? Or maybe another type of LED in this light?
I am happy to wait as long as the code I was sent would work.

Thank you for any help.

The SST-20 is not here yet. We just have to keep waiting. I’m sure we will get word when it’s going to be available.

Or as my herborist teacher would say: “Everything is edible… at least once.”

Today my FW3A arrived. But when cleaning the threads i instantly cut through a few layers of toiletpaper and my finger. Damn they are sharp!!!
To not damage the threads but make the threads a bit less sharp i used one of these grinding sponges (not the corse ones). A few turns and they are not cutting anymore.

Next step: LH351D 5000K, 10509 optic and flashing the new Anduril version
And i will have to look into the switch. Do not like the pressure point and the grinding noise when not hitting right in the middle.
Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a seperate switch PCB to test a bit with different switches?

I’ve never heard anyone mention a grinding noise. I get the same click sound regardless of pushing in the center or the edge. The edge push is a little quieter, but just barely.

Some have reported no click when pressed on the edge.

Seems we are getting a wide variety of sounds/lack of sounds. :slight_smile:

Kaidomain has a selection of spare boards that may contain a suitable one.
link

I searched for “switch”, and got 95 hits. None match the FW3A. This switch might be a little more hard to get.

@Klayking, the SST-20 95CRI version will have about the same throw, and the SST-20 70CRI will have 30% more candela.

It is my first Anduril light. Is it normal that i can see brightness stepps when ramping? I am used to the ramping on my Q8 (Narsil) and there i can not see the stepps. It is for sure a sweet light! Thanks for all the work guys!!!
Nichia out LH351D in :sunglasses:

You are in ‘stepped’ mode.

Click 3 times while the light is on to switch to ramping.

We tend to underestimate the loss of a thick bezel in front of a Carclo triple/quad optic.
I did a simple test :
I have a triple SST20 S2+ with a 4,5A CC driver (L4P LD4A).
Stock : 600 Lumens
Modified : 700 Lumens

The difference ? I opened the bezel on a lathe, going from 17.5mm to 19mm in diameter…

Hi

I have two questions:

1. is there any 'reset' function/clicking sequence to put everything back to default settings, like with the BLF Q8?

2. after setting up the thermal configuration, do we have to do that every time we changing battery/unscrewing the head?

Many thanks

-Sam-

The light should remember thermal configuration between battery changes.