FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Soooo….anyone ordered new titanium with BLF code?

Good, you may have dodged the bullet then. Put it on super low, or a level you can look at directly; & see if any of the LED’s appear off color while on.

Hopefully, you lucked out. :slight_smile:

No.

uh oh what’s too late? What irreversible damage have I cursed upon my favourite flashlight?

It’ll be fine

Maybe nothing if you did not fry/burnout/screw up any of your LED’s.

CHECK THIS POST & VIDEO OUT to see what happened when someone else did what you did. (sorry Nev, but I had to share you "taking one for the team"):open_mouth: . :wink:

Lol,
No worries,go for it :smiley: :+1:
Justa heads up though, mine was smoking before I took thebezel off :wink:
It was also in candle mode.

:smiley: . Thanks mate… :+1::beer: :face_with_monocle: :beer:

Nev, you've been a member for over two years, you have almost a thousand posts, and you have no idea that swearing isn't allowed on BLF?

I'm not buying it.

Hey GroovyBro, have you done this yet??

Inquiring minds want to know if you killed off any of your LED’s during your unplanned science expeeiment/torture test. :wink:

What up??

holy smokes that’s a lot of smoke! I don’t think I got anywhere near that amount. I had mine on like that for a similar (or slightly shorter) amount of time but I didn’t experience it frying itself like that.
Here’s a photo I took on moonlight mode. It looks alright to me but one diode looks ever so slightly rosier than the rest. Surprisingly that wasn’t the one that got kinda smoky so I guess they just came from factory like that. I never really looked into the diodes like that before so I have no reference point. Anyways, nothing I can really do I guess. Seems like I got lucky though.

edit: none of the leds and the colour still looks about the same. I may have dodged a bullet here

Boys, please.

I can’t see your picture.
But I can see it in the link in the quote.

It appears that I have fixed the problem
please let me know if it’s only fixed on my end and I’m still an idiot

Yeh it’s fixed & I can confirm that you are indeed an idiot :smiley:
The image might be a bit big for som though :wink:
Don’t worry though because they will tell you :wink:

still an idiot so I guess I got that going for me
fixed the size

now its small

Yeah, it is fixed now for me. Good picture too.

I am no expert… but it looks like you did not make complete crispy critters out of any of your LED’s. :+1:

I do see some dark areas on them all…. BUT, that may just be on the optic or dirty LED’s.

You can clean the LED’s & MCPCB with a Q-tip & alcohol if you wish.

Have you got a pic of yours Nev? So we could compare.

it appears that my unexpected science experiment yielded no permanent damage. I’m still kinda spooked though regardless :weary:

edit: for science purposes, let it be known that I have an SST20 model.
it’s very rosy on turbo without an optic/glass

edit 2: moonlight and peak output look to remain unchanged to my eyes. Of course, I don’t have fancy (non-eyeballs) equipment so I wouldn’t even know if I lost any output.
colour looks about fine as well

Yes
But I can’t get in the photo bucket thingy , I can post them on email, I had one wonky dodgy curflicked led , (sorry mustn’t swear ) it was also curflicked before I took the bezel off, I’m afraid to show it , I’m really scared of getting ridiculed.

Note made & documented for scientific purposes…. :+1: . :wink:

Thank you for your contribution & Welcome to BLF!! :beer: