FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

TL;DR

kinda… i have been all over this thing a hundred times…

What do I do .
I want a copper 3D version, carlco and glass. + code (i forgot it)

PM and help me pull the trigger before change my mind again

@bigtrav

I’m pretty sure that you have the left and right mixed up after the first set of pictures

EDIT:

Awesome photos by the way!! It’s not easy to demonstrate these differences so well. :+1:

D’OH! Yeah, I goofed on that. I actually labeled the comparison shots, with the intention of labeling that they were switched vs the first pic. I fixed the labeling, and flipped the first pic to match the rest.

Thanks! It helps that we have a spare bedroom that has a very vibrant color decor.

Real wood and skin is always the CRI “tell” though and this is why I was 100% confident those where flipped. 70 cri always makes these look green, even if they have a pink tint on a white wall.

So after the top picture the SST-20 is on the Left??

No. He sorted it out. All are the same now.

XPL left SST20 right

Thank you. :beer:

Great pics, bigtrav. Thanks.

And thanks for the first impressions, Firelight.

Discovered another minor change in the latest version of the FW3A today.

On the shelf under the star there is a tiny phillips screw with just the head sticking up into the shelf. The underside of the star has a divot in it that fits the head of the phillips screw. This prevents the star from rotating when the bezel is screwed on and protects the driver wires from breaking.

This is an interesting way of protecting the driver wires. However, it will complicate swapping in an alternate star. To do so you’d either have to drill your own divot in the backside or remove the phillips screw.

I know that this has been addressed before and if I recall correctly, it was said “NO”.
BUT, would it be feasible/viable/desirable to have a 18350 tube for the FW3A?

Look how ridiculously compact it would look like :open_mouth: :blush: :heart_eyes:
(i am using a blue/gray convoy 18350 tube)

So, how hard would it be to offer this for us, flashlight lovers? :heart_eyes:
PLEASE LUMINTOP :star:

This is Compact…… :wink:

My SST-20 arrived. It is not too green I`d say it is kinda neutral.
The color rendering of red and rose color tones is amazing.

The downside is the new switch. You have to press it much harder otherwise it doesn`t register button presses.

Ahah, I would use mine that way if I had one :smiley:
Seriously, I guess LT should think about a batch of those tubes :innocent: It’s “just” chopping the big one :wink: :nerd_face:

I went NovaTac… :smiley:

Is there a way to fix the squeaky switch?

Every time I see the “FW3A” of this and similar threads, my mind jumps to FWBs (friends with benefits) personal ads. lol

Anybody else feel that way, even if only for just a second? lol

I, too, have recieved my SST-20 4000k, and I concur with other comments: (a) very nice tint, at or below BBL at all levels; (b) nice polished steel clip; ( c) floodier new optic; (d) shorter travel of switch; (e) slightly darker, bluer gray, with slightly grainier surface. And the light worked fine out of the box.

I also noticed a couple of other changes from the first run FW3A. The retaining ring in the head is brass instead of aluminum. And the tail piece has been retooled. Compared to the first run, the knurled section is slightly narrower, and the smooth section at the tip is slightly wider, so that overall length is identical.

After switching in a Carclo 10511 optic and adding the included AR glass lens, my light is good to go. I hope everyone has the same luck.

No

I posted a review of the SST-20 FW3A on Reddit with full colour and output measurements. I will try to transfer it over here when I have time to format the tables.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/c6vfe5/review_lumintop_fw3a_sst20_with_colour/

One short moment I thought: we’re going for a Focke Wulf 3A? What’s next: an ME 262? :smiling_imp: