FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

awesome I just played around with the light and I can tell there is 3 different sections indicated by the bumps when ramping! makes sense to me now so the newer light just has worse ramping not as smooth but on the high end it is still the same brightness because it is just direct drive from the cell

thanks

should be good i have the 3000k nichia and beam is wonderful floody, i would get it just because if has the original driver and if u dont like the tint u can always wap the emitters if u know how do that.

Wow, I guess I missed the boat. Thanks for saving me from ordering one, but such a disappointment. Is there any Lumintop light, FW21 maybe, still worth ordering?

I would say so. I just got a FW1a Pro. Itā€™s got the 6 chips visible in the head. Machining and finish are better than my S2+.

Thank you, was hoping for a FW3A. Will take a look at the FW1A, but it still sounds like a roll of the dice. Will wait for further reportsā€¦

Iā€™ve got an original run FW1A Pro for sale if youā€™re interested.

havent heard any nerf on fw21 so buy one while its hot. also if u want a fw3a im sure someone can sell one if u post in want to buy section.

Thank you. Are they saving the existing boards for the expensive lights or are the these ones that havenā€™t been changed from older stock maybe?

If they downgrade the driver of one model I am sure they will do it to all models, so it is a crapshoot. Even if someone says ā€œI got model and it still has the original driverā€, you donā€™t know if the one you receive will be the same. They are making these downgrades rapidly and without warning.

There is probably original drivers in some models, or in some stores, depending on how rapid the stock turnover is. But you will be taking a chance when buying.

I think you should order a Emisar Noctigon KR1 or KR4 instead.

Thanks for the alternative recommendation! I recently ordered a bunch of Sofirn lights and if they are as good as the specs, I will order more. I will see how these Emisar compare, havenā€™t heard that name in 5 years!

KR4 order, perfect! Thanks for the advice. 2-4 weeks thoughā€¦ :weary:

Iā€™ve got a dual channel kr4 available if you are interested.

Thank you, I think I have ordered enough lights in the last week to keep me busy for the rest of the year! Unless itā€™s about half what I just spent, then maybe PM meā€¦

You will be very happy with that.

It is very much in the genre of FW3A (compact, tail e-switch, multi-emitter, Anduril) but overall better quality and without any component downgrades.

Thank you so much for the warning posts in the initial part of the thread. Almost ordered one blindly and should do some homework before I do.

Thanks! I am already as excited as I was when the FW3A launched. But this time, I actually ordered. :wink:

One neat thing that I noticed before ordering is that, unlike Lumintop, it will take my unprotected button tops so I donā€™t have to order more batteries if I am happy with the output.

Unprotected flat top is recommended.

Hank needs to make a KR1 with a smaller head diameter <28mm.

To play the devilā€™s advocate the reason they are removing 7135s could be because they canā€™t source reliable ones, it seems that lately there has been more reports of 7135s failing. Because while I can see that removing seven 7135s would save them some money, removing one doesnā€™t do much.
Of course instead of just removing them they should design a new driver like linear+FET or buck+FET, but Lumintop doesnā€™t seem to have much competence in driver design.

Edit : I should have read the first post :

Anyway that doesnā€™t excuse them not developing a new driver.

Things like this have made me never want to buy a light from them. First with making a 21700 triple LED version of the FW3A and then a quad 18650 version. Their decisions for flashlight design just seem ridiculous and donā€™t make any sense.