FW3A mod thread. Post yours!

Click rapidly 4 times. That’s all you need to do, if you’re basically in the mode of carrying it but not really using it. Then later, when you’re ready to use, 4 quick clicks and it’s now fully functional. Or… as I prefer to do and keep switch wear down, is to slightly turn the head.

You know that liquid gasket stuff used for automotive purposes? I wonder if it would make sense to put a light coating of that along the rim of the metal button cap. See if that helps.

If I'm going to lock out the light, I'm going to carry my D4 instead. Every time. Same lockout with a quarter-turn of the head.

It makes a faint but solid click ranging down to a barely audible solid click…. depending on where & how firm I press the button.

None of the “click sounds” ’from mine’ bother me in the least. I like my switches as they are.
others mmv

you guys are amazing, what cool mods!
congrats

I honestly couldn’t say as I haven’t seen one of those other gaskets but they are called Turbo, maybe I should call mine Super Turbo Extreme! :smiley:
Rusty is supposed to be swapping a printed version for one of mine to compare too.

I think those “turbo” ones are cut from a solid bar of “glow stuff” so those will be even different still

True. We must learn which version is the supreme glow! There can be only one :smiley:

Carbon fibre switch enclosure with 15 neodymium magnets, 8mm diameter linear button with 6mm x 2mm green tritium vial.
The button can only move in a straight line and accidental activation is not easy.
The carbon fibre/ magnets are fixed in place, sit flush with the tailcap edge and strong enough to hold the light horizontally.

@CRX
Do you have a link to the switch you used? Interested!!!

It’s all hand made unfortunately. Here’s what went into it:
14mm x 12mm carbon fibre tube
15mm x 14mm brass tube
8mm x .45mm brass tube
2mm x 2mm neodymium magnets
JB weld, silicone, silicone carbide powder
UV setting glue
0.5mm silicone sheet
6mm x 2mm tritium vial
Perseverance :smiley:

The ice blue/aqua definitely is brighter and lasts longer than orange:

ice blue trits in there as well

Tom, about how long does it last?

Gorgeous. You’re teasing us with your killer modding skills. :wink:
I’d like to see a metal cap with 4 magnet sockets (similar to what you see on the Sofirn C01) and one trit slot in the center. That would be killer.

Thanks. I see NealsGadgets are offering other stuff for the FW3A like saphire glass & GITD tail switch covers.

Neal knows his customers and business :smiley:

Yep, it’ll be tritium tailcap buttons & magnetic button shroud inserts next :smiley:

I still don’t get using sapphire for flashlights at all. Sapphire is good for watches because the crystal is so exposed and swapping it is a REAL chore. On flashlights the bezel protects the crystal from many scratches, and its so easy and cheap to swap out if needed anyway. Beyond that sapphire is less shatter-resistant than almost any other mineral crystal/glass AFAIK.

But… It’s sapphire!

Also, uncoated sapphire has high reflection losses.
I’ve read issues about coated having 0 durability (so some high end makers do them coated on the inside uncoated on the outside).