FYI - Helpful tips

Must of been one of my solitaires, LOL.

I have used pieces of the grippy shelf liner stuff to untwist fiberglass poles - would probably work well on flashlights and jars.

Joel

Don't let yourself be lured into a discussion with an idiot.

He will drag the discussion down to his level and win because he has the home field advantage.

Sometimes you will hear a highly educated person speak utter rubbish. That is because you can not cure idiots.

But you can train them to become highly educated idiots!

EDIT: This is not related to anything or anyone on BLF. Just a couple of observations.

These are good, all of them.

To which I would add:

Never buy crappy, cheap chargers and try not to let friends do that either.

Don’t pre-order new designs…. even from reputable designers. Give the designer and his manufacturer a few months to field customer complaints and work out the bugs.

Why not?

I have done it a couple of times and got some very good light out of it. Of course it can take some time and the light might get better after a few iterations, but the first batch does have it charms.

“it can take some time and the light might get better after a few iterations,”

^THIS… plus I like to read impressions/reviews from end users (BLF members). For example… low PWM never seems to bother the designers but for a lot of people its unbearable. Manufacturers almost never advertise their PWM frequency… so its largely hit or miss for those who are sensitive to it.

Laugh a lot, kiss like a beginner and drink only the best.

When deciding to embark on a modding escapade, strip everything down, measure everything and make sure you know just what you need. That way, when your package arrives and you excitedly strip everything down, you won’t be putting it all back together ten minutes later when you find you don’t have something you need……