(gb=closed) Only 50 lights were delivered and sent out, *BLF special* Romisen 365/400nm 2xUV SSflashlight, gb with Tinywind

little update: Tinywind received a sample, still without engraving, but the warehouse keeper was so kind to take some pictures of a chinese CNY100 banknote:

365nm:

400nm:

What these pctures tell:

*RoMiSen as understood the requirements of this custom light well, the 400nm pictures show the fluoresence that you expect from a 400nm led, and the 365nm pictures show the fluorescence that you expect from a 365nm led, actually it is a good sign that there's not even a hint of a purple glow. Or are there folks who know that (like the EU notes) there should be red fibers too that just show up in red at 365nm?

*They did not use a $35 Nichia 365nm led , so there's a good amount of white light visible in the 365nm pictures, as a by-product of the UV. As expected.

What these pictures do not tell:

*the amount of output, the exact output spectrum, the quality of these leds compared to other budget UV-leds.

So it sounds like things are on schedule, we were promised a double UV flashlight with leds of certain wavelength and uncertain quality, and this looks just like that .

Thanks for the update djozz and the annalization of the pictures.

Thanks for the update djozz

Wow, looks great! Tell the fellow that photographed the bank notes thanks!

EDIT: Looks like on the 365nm one, the light is very close to the note, so that may not be a huge amount of white light from the 365nm LED… The Convoy S2 365nm I got recently puts out about that much up close, but it is not a lot in the big picture. Enough to maneuver around in total dark without tripping on something.

Thanks for the update and the explanation of what they photos tell us.

Does this light call for buying some cheap, yellow UV glasses, or is that not needed for 365 and 400nm?

Would the glasses enhance what we are seeing with the light?

I just put together UV light (had to do something with that bootleg red Convoy S2+) with a 365nm International Outdoors/Mountain (Royalighting RY-3535P) LED. It puts out a lot of visible whitish green light just like this 365nm LED. That International Outdoors/Mountain LED cost more than what we paid for this BLF SE UV light.

I think we got a awesome deal having a dual light made for us like this. You have the 365nm for NDT and to look at currency. Then you have the 395/400nm for looking at biological stains (where the cat peed).

I expect this light to be popular.

I always wanted some of these CSI like glasses…so we need a groupbuy for them also.

I’m growing impatient :smiley:

Like they would use in “CSI: London”? :wink:

CSI: Mayberry

Is there still time to buy one of these at the GB price?

Ditto, I’d like to join this party too, if not too late.

I received two more pictures:

The list is closed as we reached the required number and decided a date for closing. Wether or not Tinywind is willing to sell more lights for the group buy price is up to them now. Please send a PM to tinywind.com (that is Saphire's BLF user name), she may be willing to send out a few more codes.

i am in for one i saw the listing in their webpage looks like they selling it already

Thanks, have dropped PM

I wonder when our flashlights will be shipped

Told me to use the 1yr anniversary code. That didn’t please me, so it looks like I’ll have to pass on this light and Tinywind :~

Sorry that that did not work for you, and that settles the status of this group buy as definitively closed then. But for who is interested, this custom light is still for sale at the Tinywind website for 20 dollar, while stock lasts.

Any way of knowing when it will be shipped? I chose normal shipping…