(gb=closed) Only 50 lights were delivered and sent out, *BLF special* Romisen 365/400nm 2xUV SSflashlight, gb with Tinywind

I missed this group buy first time around.

If more are made, I would like to join please.

Thanks

When they told you the flashlights were in from Romisen, how could they not notice 160 of them were missing? I think there is more to this than 160 lights falling off the back of a truck excuse.

A couple of things happened after everyone paid Monday, August 10th.

Tuesday, August 11th.
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/13/china-plays-down-devaluation-fears-as-yuan-cut-for-third-straight-day

Monday, August 24th.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Chinese_stock_market_crash#Black_Monday_and_Tuesday

Got mine today. It’s a really nice light, it’s a shame not all of them went out. I have no real complaints, and it was well worth the money. Been walking around the house finding stuff to use the lights on. I like the fact there’s two UV’s and not a white/UV. Best $13 I’ve spent on a single light. UI is simple… a half press switches between the two LED’s and only one mode per LED.

wow this is a mess. I have not received anything yet.
This could be a huge scam & TW walk away with a ton of out money, or cause us a ton of headaches to get refunds.

Covered by paypal, you shouldn’t worry that much :wink:

mhanlen, I hope you at least make a review of it so we can know what we are missing. Maybe it can be a spinoff of that ThorFire / Dexter review. This can have a CSI theme. :bigsmile:

As for this flustercuck of a group buy, it has given me ideas. Maybe we can find another manufacturer that can make a S2+ triple style but with a triple OP reflector? The LEDs can be 365nm, 385nm and 400nm. The driver will have to be similar to the Rominson but set up for 3 separate LEDs.

Or we can go a step further and use the Noctigon XP32 32mm Advanced Copper MCPCB as a UV triple or a UV triple with a Nichia 219C in the center.

Have a host designed around the MCPCB, have a quad led driver designed and find someone like Manker to build it.

Maybe the host can be like a baby SRK with four 10440 or 14500 cells? Or like the Lumintop SD10 style that can use four 14500 in a carrier, 32650, 26650 or 18650?

The same host could be used to make a RGBW light too. RGB XP-E and Nichia 219C.

I’m tired and my pain meds are kicking in. I hope that my ideas don’t sound like some crazed rantings of a BLF madman. J)

EDIT:
Or we can forget the 32mm Noctigon an go with four Sinkpad XP 10mm Copper MCPCB , but the 32mm Noctigon would be cheaper.

I'd be extremely surprised if this is a Tinywind scam, I vote for the headaches

Just got a refund, so don’t worry.

How come mhanlen gets one and I don’t? That’s not fair! Since you are one of the lucky ones, I request- no, I demand a video review! It should be me walking around the house shining that light. :bigsmile:

Saphire responded to me. She approved the items I proposed to purchase from TinyWind in place of the Romisen UV lights. I'm happy Smile. And yes, no scam - but this is why we have and use PayPal anyway...

Ok, it’s a deal. It’ll take me a few weeks to get to it, but I’ll do it. I’m serious. It’s a nice simple light. The host is high quality, the dragons are cool, and just shining it on different surfaces is pretty sweet. I can’t believe it was only $13.

[quote=Piquelito]

I know it’s not fair! Sorry! The thing that’s not cool is that it’s a one off light. I’d have paid up to $25 for it… and I’m cheap. I don’t know how I was one of the lucky ones, but I’m glad I was. I have some ideas for it. I wonder if Romison could produce another version. I’d splurge for another one if a group buy could get started again.

Whats the best way to contact Saphire for a refund? Email doesn’t seem to work, I’ve got nothing from tinywind.com since I ordered…

Contact user tinywind.com and send them your transaction id. They refunded me in matter of minutes.

LOL
Chinese way of making buisness is always funny…

I really hope they can come up with a cool product instead of a plain refund…

Well, they could not really afford screwing up this deal because they took the money up front. I have no problem with a refund or good deal on other merchandise, now that it fell apart. I'm not willing though to do another group buy with money up front again - very unusual, or wait til some other deal could be worked out. As mhanlen said, this was a great deal for that host with this capability - I doubt they can come up with something as good in a quick turn-around.

For $13, I would have taken the host/body alone for that matter, with the dual reflector, even better!

I am not getting where this is going with so many replies here.

The basic question is, can’t Romisen still make this light? Or are they canceling this altogether? But why can’t they just make more?

I for one don’t mind the wait. I want the light. The waiting has been clear from day one, I’m ok with it. But I am already attached to that dragon, so I hope it will be from Romisen still.

Also - they picked mhanlen to get the first?? All his knives reviews made me buy lotsa stuff :_( now he’ll be rubbing us all in with his new cool UV light we can’t get (yet). LOL. But really I’m anxious to see those reviews.

This concept with paying beforehand for an unproven flashlight worked for me because the flashlight was only 13 dollars shipped, most people can afford loosing 13 dollars on a light that turns out crappy (At least I have done that many times). And if another group buy would involve a less than 15 dollar flashlight, I would agree with exactly the same concept: you pay beforehand, the risk of a bad flashlight is yours, but there's a fair chance on a good deal for the price payed.

What has happened now with the factory not delivering the agreed amount of items I did not expect, was not part of the deal, and I think is a rare event. But still I have no doubt that people who missed out will get their money back, so I do not really see the great risk of the paying beforehand concept, especially with the price you pay.

But if I am ever to host a next custom-light group buy with Tinywind I will try to get it to work without paying before production, I guess there is so much resistance from the group about this concept that it will not work. It implies that a small company like Tinywind will be less daring in what they will do for customisation :-(

I believe there's no chance for Romisen to deliver more of these lights (out of production) - they are looking at TrustFire to work with - different model light, but I think TinyWind is trying to work out a dual UV setup, just in a different host, think the TrustFire T3 is the one being considered (http://www.tinywind.com/trustfire-cree-modes-1x18650-flashlight-jade-identification-p-17071.html).

I am willing to pay up front for a cheap item and this is what I did. As you rightfully said djozz, tinywind is a ‘smaller’ company and does not have the financial muscles to bear all the costs of production and waiting for orders. Sometimes, going with a small company is the only way to get a small order of this GB going.

You and them did a great job but some middlemen (sub contracting) factory decided to stop making the lights and could not be contacted. Maybe they closed down, maybe they can’t manufacture it easily and stopped or it could be just another wild guess as to what happened.

Case is people are complaining useless (in my humble opinion) because they WILL get refunded no matter what. Be it tinywind on its own accord or by paypal. TW was upfront about refunding and members are already receiving refunds at the moment.
It is just $13 and even by my standards and believe me they are very poor standards, $13 is not going to make or break it IF EVER you happen to ‘lose’ it which of course you won’t.

Of course, it is easier to be moralistic when I am one of the lucky few that have got one of those beauties shipped. I would no doubt have been dissapointed if I had not been ‘selected’ but I see most of the anger is more out of frustration of not getting the light than the remote possibility of losing $13.

You guys should give djozz a break and just contact TW or paypal. I am sure the money will be easily refunded.

I'm just going to chill and see what djozz and tw can get for a replacement. I feel for djozz having so much extra hassle with this groupbuy. The easy thing for djozz to do would be to just cancel it but if he is willing to keep trying then I'm still in.