GBGB, LD-51 dual cell XHP35 Boost Driver, Great Price!

Anyone have the size of the coil?
is it 7 x 7 x 3 mm ?
….or 4 x 4 x 2 mm…?

Looks more like 10 x 10 x 4 mm judging by the picture a few posts earlier…
But those are 1R5 = 1.5 µH.
Hmmm…
Either way, those sizes are usually rated > 10 Amperes, so it surprises me that they get hot.

This is the response I just got from gearbest.

_“the answer from the supplier, it’s useless of the key

if the driver is design for Light touch switch, then the key will work

but the driver the supplier provide is design for the tail switch

so the key part is useless for that driver”_

I tried to set brightness level by connecting KEY and ground ()> it doesnt work,
and about max brightness, I got 1.57A from 2S samsung ICR18650-26FU laptop pulls charged to 7.95V, same results using INR18650-30Q at 8.26V. (stock R100).

Edit> Actually in my case it’s R010 !!!

Thanks for trying and comment.

:+1:
It would be awesome if they included e-switch support but… can’t have everything I guess.

I just tried this driver and it puts out 1A on the led. If I short the unmarked resistor with a wire it just puts out 1,2A. What is wrong with mine?

Hm… I dont know.

Did you get this driver at the time of the groupbuy?
If not it might be another version that doesn’t perform as the previous ones.

To be honest I totally forgot this groupbuy… I hope everything worked out, and everyone is happy.

No I ordered it about 2 months ago. Can somebody post pics about both sides from a bumpable one?

I’ve read few replies here saying that the driver could be resistor modded but i could not find what value resistors were used. I am not skilled to determine that myself.

So if anyone knows what value resistors i need to make this driver output about 2A i will be happy to know that :slight_smile:

In an Haikelite HT35 I stacked the R050 of the LD-51 with an R100 and I got 2,25A at the LED. Now I have a XHP70@12V in it, because my XHP35 has a black dot in the middle, after two R100 on the R050. That was too much.
With the two R100 I got flickering on turbo after the black dot in the LED. Now with only one R100 there is no more flickering.

Very NICE!!! :+1:

Thanks a lot Wieselflinkpro, that was the answer i was looking for.

I added R120 resistor over the R050 one and got 1.97A at the LED. WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Right on point, i just hope that the driver will survive at this power level.

So R120 is a 0.12 ohm resistor? I’m just learning the notation for these things.

Is it 1206 size needed on the LD-51?

Where do you guys get these resistors, do you just pull them all off of dead electronics? Could I buy a good assortment of SMD resistors to “jump start” a collection?

Look up current sense resistor assortment using your preferred vender. Fassttech, eBay, aliexpress, or try google.

Ah-haha, awesome! I was searching just “SMD resistor” (and variations) and none of those kits had less than 1.0ohm. Thanks!

edit: apparently current sense resistors are more expensive than regular resistors…

I stacked 1206 (3216) over the R050. Stock sense resistors (i believe there are two?) are bigger, not sure on exact size but they are bigger, i had no trouble stacking the smaller resistor over the stock one.

If you buy SMD resistor kits then i would suggest to go with 1206 because the bigger ones might not fit some drivers if used to replace or stack resistors.

1206 is usually good. Sense resistors are basically a normal resistor with a higher power rating. It’s just a term that singles the higher wattage resistors from the rest. Usually bigger means higher power rating in general but smaller resistors can have higher than bigger as well. Now it comes down to price as well. Small resistors with high power ratings will cost more than the equivalent rating in a bigger package. And then… there are many qualities and brands to concider.

The good part is that for what we need, we just select the appropriate value and power and cheap. :slight_smile:

I used this: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1616/10003973/1285500-thermal-conduction-silicone-rubber-cubes-1-1-0
on the coil to prevent overheating. It fits good and reaches to the heatsink of the pill.

Here are Pics of the unmodded driver in the HT35: HaikeLite HT35 | Taschenlampen Forum
And some more here: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/media/albums/haikelite-ht35-mit-ld-51-treiber.2009/

Huh a RED LD-51 mine are Blue?

Hmmm different marking on the coil too?

mine is blue too.

If the inductor gets hot, better replace it with a fatter one, preferably a ‘toroid’ with the light blue ring with dark blue on one side, so i’m told.