gChart's Hand Made Class, 8th Annual BLF/OL contest [Finished!]

Cross-posting from the “What did you mod today?” thread. This is NOT part of my build, I’m just building on my build. :wink:

While that touch lamp for my contest entry is cool and was fun to build, it’s really not feasible for my kids to use (Anduril) and it’s not very reproducible. So I decided to create a functionally similar, yet more more simple & sturdy version. I designed a new housing with Fusion360 and printed it on my 3D printer using PETG (after a couple revisions to get all the dimensions just right). I designed a simple circuit board in Eagle and sent it off to Oshpark using their After Dark service. I’m also using an off-the-shelf TP4056 charging board with protection features. I’m still amazed at how simple, cheap, efficient, and configurable these TTP223 touch sensors are! Put that together and I’ve got a nice compact very simple on/off touch lamp with built in charging.

:+1:

This is awesome. The wiring is also neat and pretty.

Very nice outcome, and the green puck is the best!

Another technical masterpeice, from the master of technical! :+1:
Well done once again Sir!

Gabriel, this is awesome. Very inspiring man. What a clean, functional build. A fancier case and some auxiliary rgb lights and id buy one from you! Lol. I know that’s not the point, but if you happen to get a acrylic and maple case in the mail from my workshop, don’t be upset LOL.

Looks like I should’ve kept reading, you already made a nicer casement! Lol

Hmm… maple and acrylic does sound attractive. If you send one, you better send two! :wink: