Gearbest failed to repair smartphone and offer only 1/4 worth as refund.

He actually answered that question in post #39. Answer quoted below for your reading pleasure. :wink:
amani Kati …. :slight_smile:

Irrelevant? Not at all, it bears on why you made the purchase and whether your expectations were reasonable or not. If you had spent as much time reading as you say you spent joining forums to get the word out you might have made a different choice.

A bit late ‘wkc’, but welcome to BLF… :+1: … “The Friendly Forum”! … :person_facepalming:

I can see exactly why you came to BLF to try & get some help with your “problem” and GearBest CS.
You would have most likely have come here for the same reason if the problem had been with Banggood, AliExpress, or any other number of Chinese vendors.

That reason being you probably did a “search” on how to deal with GearBest customer service and came up with a “Treasure Trove” of results that linked back to BLF.

So you came here, being honest about why you did from the outset; looking for advice that might help you in dealing with GB CS.

Am I right so far??

You never expressed an interest in flashlights…. you were looking for help with your immediate problem.

And as far as I am concerned, ; you came to the right place. “My guess” is there is probably more written about dealing with various vendors Customer Services here on BLF than any other single place.

So hopefully, you found what you needed. If you have any interest in flashlights or want to learn a bit…. stick around. It is really a pretty good place here.

Personally, I think it kinda neat that you thought you could get some solid answers here… and did from what you said. Even though it was not related to a “flashlight”…… how to deal with customer service transcends that. It is universal. :slight_smile:

Take care & good luck. Hope you stick around too. :wink:

Regardless it is a light forum, many lights purchased from gearbest. So if there will be a problem with a light you will get exactly the same treat from cs.

I have an interesting story with my phone sent back to gearbest by warranty. I’m being asking for ransom to get my phone back. Full story is coming up soon ….

Guys guys, chance to get the op addicted to lights!

Op what lights do you have at the moment, maybe we can suggest something?

I recently ordered a Crelant CH10 from Fasttech, amazing value..

Either way the op seems genuine, can't fault his posts, we all use Gearbest.

Hey, Loloprice, since you are a direct competitor of ALL the vendors here in BLF, I think it is terribly unethical to post some very negative things about any competitor, your site link, and also this https://www.loloprice.com/flashlight-lamp-camera/ speaks for itself.

Perhaps if you are just a regular member and you don’t find a vendor or dealer nice or have some concerns on a vendor, by all means you are free to do it, but you are a vendor yourself.

Does your phone have a flashlight on the back? does this part still work? :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, topic starter gone, I’m not surprised why. (’cause he hasn’t got a torch :smiley: )
As I have a similar story, I’ll continue this topic instead to start a new one.
So, another story about gearbest warranty, just for your information, lads:
I’ve purchased a smartphone at gearbest, for the full price of 140$, Ulefone Power. First trouble appeared straight away - it was so called ghost screen. Wasn’t a big deal, it was possible to live with it. After 8 month 1,5cm of touchscreen became dead. Send a message to CS - they offered 2 solutions, pay me back 10% of the price I paid, or send it back for repair. Both and manufacture and retailer promised hassle free warranty

Decision made to send it back for repairs. It cost me 10$. Phone send back to gearbest, full set in original box, mint condition - no impacts, no scratches, really like new. All looks good so far. They got a phone, asked some more time for repairs. Eventually they informed me my phone was sent back to me. Hm, they didn’t contact me first to confirm my address, they haven’t told me what was wrong with my phone, what kind of job done to my phone, the question about to extend the warranty was totally ignored. The lucky day, I’ve got the phone back, firmly sealed, marked as refurbished. ok, open the box - !! it is not my phone! They never asked me do I want a replacement phone. The phone they send me was in much poorer condition, with a lot of scratches, signs of impacts, replaced screen with popping out glue, dirty earphones, leads, etc. I wouldn’t use it, it is disgusting. I tried to explain to them that it is unacceptable to take my phone and replace it with the worse one. Manufacture contacted - ignore. So, couple long stories shortly - we were sending messages back and forward for a week, their offers where unacceptable 10$, 20$. Finally they offered 50$ and keep the item, or send it back (minus another 10:money_mouth_face: and get 100$ as a refund.
I took 50$ and sold it locally. Still have a loss of some $$ finally.
Guess will I buy again here?

CS conversation scans attached to this message Отзывы о gearbest.com | Уголок потребителя | Страница 37 | Форум FONAREVKA.RU

You were brave man to post here about a phone…… :smiley:

Amazing story…. Sorry for your trouble, but thanks for sharing. :+1:

Maybe it wii help others avoid the pitfall. :slight_smile:

The way I see it when you buy from Gearbest/eBay etc, the useable warranty is limited to DOA(either dead or with serious issues), ie get your money back there and then or it's your baby from there onwards. I buy on stuff on that understanding because when sending stuff back they know they have your balls in a vice..

That's a pretty lucrative business plan, they don't need to service warranties barring the few DOA and the even fewer people that go to the effort to return items that fail under warranty. That's probably why they are pretty quick to do refunds for items not received or DOA, it's one of the cost of doing business and that cost is offset against them not having to service many warranties barring DOA on many of their sales.

I think you have it figured just about right Savydude…. :+1:

life is like a box of chocolates ==> life is like a box of chocolates you ordered from a Chinese vendor

Dang if that ain’t the truth…… some times more than others. :smiley:

Sometimes the chocolates are horrible. Sometimes there’s only half of the chocolates. Maybe the box of chocolates never arrive. Whatever happens we just need to laugh it off, and at least enjoy our cold beers. :beer:

I totally agree…. :slight_smile: … Here’s to you…… :beer:

Cheers brother T. :+1: :beer:

My own philosophy has pretty much always been to buy only what you can afford to blow off as a loss. Same goes for pricey flashlights with <coff!> “warranties”. You buy a cheaper flashlight, and if it’s not working right, you can rip it apart and do whatever you want with it, because they’re so cheap as to have meaningless warranties except from the vendor for DOA items. After that, as you say, that puppy’s yours.

Phones? Tablets? Computers? You gotta be outta your empty skull to buy it from overseas. Buy it from a brick’n’mortar store where you can go and return it in person, or storm in there and raise a stink if needed. Or a reputable online store.

Warranty? Overseas? Feh. Wishful thinking, at best. Might as well believe in unicorns and leprechauns.

That said, places like GB are often just middlemen that sell the stuff, and it gets supplied by some other vendor. You don’t buy a GB phone, you buy it from Ding Ling with a DL “warranty”. So yeah, GB makes you go snap pix and videos and demonstrate how your shiny tablet bursts into flames when you power it up, then maybe you’ll get instructions to send it back for repairs. And Ding Ling may send you back your untouched tablet claiming nothing’s wrong, that the flames are “normal”, or just not send you back anything at all and claim they did. Rotsa Ruck, after that. GB sure doesn’t want to be saddled with 100 vendors and 100 different warranties, so they stay out of it.

I once had a 4-pack of 30Qs just up and disappear, ostensibly delivered right to my doorstep (at work). Always someone there, on Hallowe’en of all days (ie, easy for everyone to remember). The courier claimed it was delivered, GB took their word for it. Receptionist says she received that day’s mail, and nothing was for me. (And non-techie people at work would open up a bunch of shrinkwrapped 18650s and not know wtf to do with them, so I doubt anyone pocketted them.) Each one was pointing at the other to make good on it, ’til I just threatened to have the charges reversed and be out of it altogether, to let GB and the courier duke it out. I didn’t want to waste hours filing claims with the courier (USPS, FedEx, don’t recall who), and all they’d say is, “Our records show it was delivered, so we’re not doing anything about it”, so I’d be stuck.

In the end, GB made good on it and issued a full refund, but it took some tooth-pulling to do it. Point is, I could’ve very well gotten stuck and had to eat the cost of a non-delivery. Oh, and I did have tracking and insurance on that package! One of the points I was grexing about was, “Why bother to have insurance when I can’t even use it in a case like this??”.

Now, do you think I’ve got “stoooooopit!” tattooed across my forehead that I’d go and order a tablet or phone or anything more’n, say, 30-40bux?!?

Now, I’ve had a couple of returns/refunds/etc. to FT, and despite the initial annoying “Send us a pic…” dealy, they were pretty much painless. Wrong item sent (driver)? Keep it, we’ll give you a refund and you can order the one you want next time. Missing item (LED bulb)? Refund. Laser pointer twice DOA? Sent back twice, comped for shipping it back both times, no hassle. Small stuff, <1buk each except for the pointer (30bux), but still.

Warranties, though? I wouldn’t count on anything beyond the initial DOA period.

Lightbringer, you made me laugh :slight_smile:
I new I’m taking the risk, I was prepared to stay with nothing, but I wasn’t ready they will swap my phone.
I would buy locally (unfortunately warranty in my country still similar to Chinese overseas), the problem is local market phones with a batteries ~3000mAh, and it’s make me stressful to charge the phone daily.
The main thing they lying about their warranty. Lie is the problem.

Back at you my friend…… :+1: :beer: :beer: :+1:

Now where is that box of chocolate’s I got from GearBest??? :sunglasses:

Well said. :+1:

And yep…. the lie is the real kicker…… :rage: