Gearbest offering partial refund after failed delivery

So we blame Google for non flashaholics bringing there issues here?

I think it's better to avoid the blame. Someone asks for help and those who willingly want to help do help. Those who think otherwise better move on.

Just a wise opinion.

Cheers ^:)

So who is next in line to bring there problems here?

It’s deja vu all over again. This OP sounds like the guy who posted a few weeks ago about getting a lawyer and going after GB because he didn’t receive his vacuum cleaner.

I think it is fair game if people want to join BLF (or any other forum) if they have an issue we can help them with. In fact, I found BLF because of Google. As long as the new members stick to the community guidelines this isn’t a big deal. And who knows, maybe a GB shipping issue might turn them into a flashlight enthusiast? Nothing wrong about that.

But yeah, I don’t get why anybody would send 500+ $US to a foreign country and hoping to receive a product safely. It might work out, but what if it doesn’t?

My biggest ever purchase on a Chinese site was 25 bucks for an Astrolux S42 (and, unfortunately, I received it. full refund would’ve been better than that UI. lol). Larger or more expensive items should be bought after they are imported, the overall risk, sales tax and customs fees typically won’t make it worth it otherwise?

Agree to disagree on the point about this place as the turn to forum for shipping issues and other complaints about Chinese shops from first time users. Especially when its not flashlight related. I’m sure there are other forums out there far more suited to their problems.

isn’t there a site called notgoodenough? having said that, the more clicks on blf the more clicks on blf

China is China.
A large place with a LOT of little men trying to do a job.
There’s got to be hic-cups with their volumes.
Batches in their thousands, shipped all over the world.
Well really.
our tiny %age wouldn’t even be, truly. noticed.

Pay by paypal. Keep record of their email and shipping date.
Give it a week past est’d delivery time (30 + days to here)
Then notify them. sending same email to Paypal so it covered.

I mentally write off 90% of all items from China when Iclick on PAY.
Up to about $20.
Over that figure. I have carriage ins on ALL items.
and ONLY pay through Paypal.
But usually. by the 40th day. most have arrived.

They and my bank have. So far. Covered the few hic-cups I’ve had.

Give it double the time frame and you’ll usually be happy.