GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF

The following three items just came in:

Gadget 1 Generic generic whistle metal GearBest 16.08.15 2015/8/17 RC’D RC’D 2015/11/5 81 W150813080130xxxx CN1439793848xxxx

Gadget 1 Generic generic gearbest EDC metal tool GearBest 16.08.15 2015/8/17 RC’D RC’D 2015/11/5 0.10 81 W1508130802432xxxx CN1439793213xxxx

Gadget 1 generic generic gearbest Carabiner with lock GearBest 16.08.15 2015/8/17 RC’D RC’D 2015/11/5 0.10 81 W150816080112xxxx CN1439795736xxxx

81 days from payment to my door, these items were all ordered on 08/16, shipping note on 08/17.

China post label/stamp has a code with “2015.10.16.20” on them. Not sure what that means.

So even after 81 days there is still hope :bigsmile: There are 8 more shipments pending/in transit but I am now confident they will reach me around the 85-90 day mark.

(apologies for the low light conditions, I had no flashlight at hand lol)

Disclosure:
There is a lot of discussion in regards to the GearBest shipping quality these days. In all fairness to GearBest I would like to disclose that some of my items are “flash sale” items and were purchased for a nominal amount of 0.01 or 0.10 ($ US). Since I used the “flat rate shipping” rate there is a chance that on these deals GearBest took a net loss; they honored the deal anyway and shipped out the items honestly. I am not justifying slow shipping but just stating that despite making a loss the seller GearBest came through with the products.
Albeit the long wait time I am a happy customer since I didn’t need the items immediately. I did not raise any PP disputes so far (never have so far and I don’t think I would need to). The customer support ticket system does take a lot of time though.

Good for you.
Question though?
Did you open a ticket regarding these items?
It would seem that those were posted in October so I wonder if they are simply items that GB resent.

No tickets raised for these items!

The tickets I have raised were cancelled because the items subsequently arrived as well. So none of my items were re-shipped except for 1 order I had from July.

edit: there were a few PMs in regards to the China Post label. So it seems like the items never shipped out until October? That would explain the delay :smiley:

As I posted here earlier - one of the Ebay sellers told me that there were issues with China post getting items out the door.

How Chinese post office (EMS) unloads packages - YouTube Seem they don’t have trouble getting them in the door :smiley:

I ordered an S1 Baton on September 7 and received shipment information on September 8.
It is now November 5 and the S1 has not arrived.
I filed a trouble ticket with GearBest and was told to wait.
This is the message I received:

Because it is international surface mail and there are some external factors which may cause some delay on delivery time,such as remote locations, peak shopping and shipping periods, Holidays and Festivals, inclement weather and delay by corresponding customs’ operations and express company. Although most orders sent with this service provider can arrive between 10 and 25 working days, some orders can be delivered up to 45-60 days after their dispatch .

Your order has been shipped out on 2015-09-08,therefore your delivery deadline will expire on 2015-11-08.
Please note that the above shipping times are reference only. The actual delivery time may be affected by peak shipping periods, public holidays, bad weather and other reasons.
We understand your feeling but this is the international shipping, sometimes has a delay in transit, could you wait for a few more days, we must be responsible for you.
We apologizie for this inconvenience have caused.
Thank you for your continued patience and kind understanding.

I am not happy with this response, but I am hoping my order will arrive in the near future.

Do yourself a favour, DON’T choose ‘international surface mail’ it is probably the slowest possible mode of transport, and many different potential weak links along the way that is beyond even the post office’s control. A parcel I sent to Taipei by surface mail took 87 days.
This was explained to me thus: parcels get picked up, then sorted at Post Office, then sends it by truck/train to a port of departure, transfers to be loaded into container, container gets locked down 72 hrs prior to ship departure, and sent to container holding area, then get loaded on ship of next departure date to destination. The reverse then happens at destination end before it gets to post office (a different system/country) for distribution. With luck you may bypass Custom hold/inspection.
What GearBest explained to you is valid. Once the item leaves GEARBEST it is beyond their control. Never choose surface mail.It’ll cost more by Air, but the result is faster delivery, with greater chance of receiving it. That is if GearBest sends you the correct/not defective item to begin with.

Edit: I think GB needs to put in a “BUYERS BEWARE” at checkout about what kind of delivery we’re going to get with free shipping, then list the alternatives. Then get insurance to cover all possible mishaps after it leaves GB on the way to you. I always choose the seller that ships Register Air for an item even it may cost a couple of dollars more than another who send it ‘regular’, and have consistently received these between 9-18 days.

Ganzo g727M Ordered on Sept 30, first ship notice Oct 8, second ship notice Oct 15(sweden post) (why 2 shipping notices? see post 448 ) , arrived Nov 05

Ganzo g724M Ordered on July 24, shipped out on July 27 (china post), never arrived, opened a ticket on Sept 29, resent on Oct 17(sweden post), arrived Nov 05.

no tracking on both. so my 2 packages that were sent out in mid Oct using sweden post arrived pretty quickly. thanks GB.

I jjst got my refund from them. Sent them a PM a week ago, they told to wait a few days, asked again 2 -3 days ago, and got my refund.

I wasn't interested in the light a more anyway, so it was actually a relief it didn't arrive.

Got my order today ship Aug 31st

I still haven’t received anything from Gearbest since mid August.
Right now I am still waiting on a total of 9 orders shipped between August 13 and September 9th that I haven’t received. This is f**king crazy!

I received my Olight S30 two days ago from Gearbest. I think it took around three weeks in total. So I am very pleased with that order. The S30 I ordered 20 minutes later has not turned up though so I wonder if another member of staff dealt with that one. I also have still not received my Olight S1 from them and that is now 7 weeks since I ordered. The battery that I ordered to go with it arrived over a month ago!!

I certainly won’t be asking for a refund for the 01 but I will be requesting a resend if it is not in my hands within the next 10 days.

I do wonder if the incredibly hit and miss nature of Gearbest is down to the individuals that process the orders as much as it is about anything else.

It’s almost like theoretically buying things.

I bought a XTAR VC4 charger on August 21, of 2015, I read the threads on it and the mentions of it, and want to discuss it as well, but I only own one in theory.

Here it is almost Thanksgiving, and the charger that I bought back during the summer when it was new and exciting. has yet to arrive, now the hot charger is the MC3000 charger-analyzer.

Getting delivery from Gearbest is not only complex. stressful, and time consuming, it is almost like waiting for a best selling book to go to paper back, or skipping the latest hit movie, to wait for it to come out on DVD.

I still haven’t recieved my s1 shipped on the 17th september along with two other orders about the same time. Hopefully mine is on the same boat as yours!

What was the shipping method of the S30 ?

I got the first one of the two i ordered today, it was sent through deutsch post the 27 october and received the 8 november !

The second one was sent through china post the 28 october, still to be received…fingers crossed.

I really believe the big screw up is china post; my two missing orders ( from august…) were sent throught china post.

Fingers crossed.

If anyone ordered batteries from Gearbest, the Swedish Post tracking is down for a while.

http://www.postnord.se/en/tools/track/Pages/track-and-trace.aspx

I’m sorry but I am like a spoiled child at Christmas when it comes to parcels and just rip them off and bin them. I may start looking at the post marks in future.

Well, I ordered a 3 in 1 holster/charger/battery bank from GearBest and a group buy here but worried that I would never get it.

Order placed: 10/19
got ‘shipped’ email: 10/29
received: 11/4

I’m still reluctant to order too much from GB given the history that I see here, but this transaction was successful.

Just submitted a ticket for my missing order of 4x Keeppower batteries which was supposedly shipped on the 8th September but is nowhere to be seen.
I’ve a much later order of a Ganzo knife which was sent on 13 October and received 2 weeks later.

As usual, the Gearbest CS reply is a generic reply, asking me to check the stated delivery address and also enquire my local post office for my package.

When I replied that the address is the same as my later order and no package is at the post office, they gave me 3 options of either 50% of the value to be credited in my GB wallet, 25% if I take the PayPal or cc option, or I pay 50% of the value to have it re-shipped since I did not take the insurance option.
I told them I only accept 100% value to be credited to my wallet or I take my chance with PayPal and ask for my money back.

If they don’t get back to me on my option, I’ll file a PayPal claim tomorrow.

Why haven’t Gearbest or CSgearbest responded to any of the complaints on this discussion since 10/22?

On a different discussion, they last responded on 10/26:

And on another discussion, same subject (missing shipments), they haven’t responded at all:

There seems to have been a MASSIVE shipping problem over there in China.

Questions:

1. Has Gearbest identified the source of the problems? Are shipments being hijacked?

2. What steps has Gearbest taken to correct the problem?