GearBest shipping issues survey in BLF

I had an order shipped via International Bridge and the speed was very fast. I recommend GearBest to use them more when shipping to USA.

Actually, I have the same experience on this delivery service. The cost is also reasonable ($1.25). However, I didn’t see this option recently. Not sure why.

Well most people are happy with GB until they actually hit a problem.
I was happy with them until mi-August, had place a dozen orders without any problem.
Now I am sitting on 10 orders shipped between mid-August and mid-September not received. Pretty hard to remain happy when 3 months went by, money is gone, stuff is not received, and CS staff keeps on giving you the run around for weeks before anything even starts to be resolved.
Just saying…
I have received 3 orders that were shipped mid-October bia SG and NL post, yet the 10 orders shipped via CN post have not showed up.
GB has “supposedly” reshipped 7 of my orders but now want to refund me the remaining 3 minus the GB points that I used for them which is Equivalent to 30% of the price.
WHY? because “THEIR SYSTEM” doesn’t allow it! I call BS! Just add them manually since they are good enough to add them manually to bribe people to leave positive reviews in order to bump their ratings.
I earned these GB points, used them to pay for my goods, want them back if a refund is issued, or else reship the item.
Unless they reship OR refund the money + the GB points, I’ll go to paypal. I know that paypal will only refund the money but at least GB will have 3 more claims against them just for bad business practice.
I am not asking for the moon! I am asking to either ship the goods I paid for or refund EVERYTHING I paid. Seems pretty straight forward, yet, with GB it is not.

I ordered a bunch of 18650 cells. I specifically asked in my order that they be shipped in hard plastic containers. I specified I would pay for the cases if they were not standard. This was based on a previous order with batteries thrown into a non-protective bag.

I got the same sort of packaging I was trying to avoid. Ignored my request for cases. Little bags inside loose bubble wrap. Multiple batteries running about in the packaging after breaking out of the little thin plastic bags. Not constrained or protected by the bubble wrap.

I don't like the possibility of receiving damaged cells. I really don't like this in the context of negligent vendor shipping of potentially dangerous cells. It can only exacerbate the international shipping issues. Chinese vendors need to proactively act to prevent increasingly stringent shipping conditions.

I was unable to successfully access tracking as supplied in emails. No links worked. Only by contacting their support people was I able to get information. This is not how this needs to work.

The cells delivered appear to be authentic and at a good price. This is a major advantage/recommendation for the vendor.

Looks like I will have to go through the bullchit that Blf member Nguyen has gone through with GBcs. Three orders mia for 60 days.
One of those orders where split, so I should have had double the chance of receiving at lest one package.

I do not know how Chinese post charges for postal articles. Is it in US$? or Chinese currency?
I just can’t see the Chinese people running around with US$ in their pockets, to pay for everyday items.

IMHO, I think charging in US$ is a scam.

Just a crazy idea, but if I worked for a company that had issues like this I am pretty sure that I was seeing the beginning of the end.

Are we sure they are not just taking what profits they can before closing the doors?

just my .02 from the outside.

I paid $1.72 extra on a couple tiny AAA lights, got them in a bit over a week.

I thought it was very good, the option said 3-7 business days when I ordered, so I thought it was well worth it. I got insurance, too, after reading this, to be safe, but maybe unnecessary ?

Most of us choose their advertised free shipping, just like with Amazon and Ebay, and Fasttech, Banggood, etc.

I don’t have much patience, anyway, how does a bit over a week compare to the other companies? Havent ordered much (any?) from fasttech or banggood. Ebay takes longer, usually, sometimes a lot.

Might be useful for the BLF lights, if someone wanted one, but has had trouble in the past.

I charged them to 4.3 volts and their capacities increased to 2800mah. I am sure if they are charged to 4.35 volts, they will have the advertised capacity. However, I don’t have a charger can do that.
The pitfall of these batteries is that they have higher internal resistance then others. My charger/tester shows their internal resistances are about 150 mill Ohms. The Trustfire batteries that I have are about 50 mOhms. I thought Samsung should do better.
Another thoughts is that, without a good 4.35v battery charger, the 2600 mah@4.2v ones are a actually better choice than these 3000mah@4.35v ones.

Read the thread, and the other threads about Gearbest, you haven’t read anything at BLF about the shipping and other problems with Gearbest?

Yes, I read some of the thread. As I said above, that’s why I got the insurance. One person said banggood is 8-9 days usually, is that typical of them and fasttech?

I agree. When using IB i’ve had very good shipping experience. Also, SF Express hasn’t been too bad.

If you have batteries shipped Sweden Surface mail to the US, expect them to take 2-3 weeks at least.

BG is usually not too bad but it could be around two weeks.
I lost two FT free shipping orders. They refunded me after two months. Right now, I only use their shipping with tracking number. Their fees are much more reasonable than GB. They give you the tracking number if the order is above $20. It is also prorated. For example, if the order is $10, the fee is around $1. If it is $15 the fee would be about $0.5. With tracking number, the shipping time is about 10 days to the US.

I’ve never had Banggood or Fasttech takes months to get my product to me, or take weeks to ship it out in the first place, yet if you read the Gearbest threads, it is common with Gearbest.

I’ve had Banggood, Fasttech and Gearbest take months. They all have their problems to varying degrees.

Nothing is like Gearbest, all this hasn’t happened because of a rare occurrence.

+1
Not like Gearbest magnitude.

Agree, if FT is an earthquake of magnitude 1 in terms of shipping disaster, GB is a high 9 :slight_smile:
I never used BG.
Another thing that differentiates FT from GB is their customer service. I’ve been a FT customer for over 3 years and every single time I have had to deal with CS, their service was 1st class.
Dealing with GB is like trying to pull teeth out of a pitbull.
I’ve made over 60 orders with FT, none has ever been lost or missing. I currently have 10 “lost or missing” with GB just in orders from mid-Aug to mid-Sept.
Another thing is that I never had FT try to pull these shady and unethical practices like giving only half refund or paying to reship or GB points not refundable even though you use them to purchase the goods, etc,etc…

All in all, I think that what frustrates me the most and I am sure it’s the case for most members here, is the bad and unethical business practices more than anything else.
Sure every business has their problems, sure maybe something happened with CN post around August/September, but then come forward, be honest about the problem, and ship the goods that were returned to you back to the customer instead of sitting on them until customers loose their patience, and then give them the run around, try to refund only part of the money, try to get more money out of them in order to ship something that was not shipped, etc, etc.

FT is successful because of its business practice.
GB could be as successful if not more if their practice would be the same but they are not.

i’m very new to this world and also this forum. but i’m wondering if most of the people with issues with these chinese sites had batteries in their order? a lot of times customs would toss those away or send it thru a shipping loop and be lost. also i come mainly from the vaping scene so i’m well familiar with the batteries flashlights use and I have not order via overseas in over a year. and i still pay about the same and sometimes cheaper than say gearbest/fasttech/banggood. i don’t know if i can post my go to website but if anyone wants a very good usa site for batteries hit me up.