Gearbest sucks

Put the url in the Google search box. In the Google search result, click the down arrow (triangle) and click “Cache”.

BTW, could not get the FlashPilot post with the Wayback machine as it recorded after the delete (28th). And unable to find it in the Google cache.

I don't see the choice for cache, and there are no posts after December 28th, so it's not the full thread.

+1

:frowning:

Also promoting products from one dealer, that are 30% or more cheaper at other vendors, just for spreading your AFF links, should result in some kind of consequences.

Google search for: “GEARBEST CRAPPY WARRANTY SERVICE FOR SKYRC MC3000

GEARBEST CRAPPY WARRANTY SERVICE FOR SKYRC MC3000

budgetlightforum.com › … › Budget Dealer Experiences Little Triangle here

Dec 24, 2015 - 23 posts - ?17 authors

BudgetLightForum.com …where Frugal meets with … Login or register

to post comments. 22 replies [Last post] … http://xkcd.com/1603/. Top.

This is Google’s cache of https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37177.

It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Dec 30, 2015 01:42:45 GMT.

The current page could have changed in the meantime.

Click the Little Triangle to pop up "Cached"

[Shows 22 posts.]

negative stuff ,but as a result my son said he will no longer be ordering lights online any longer .what I was trying to get at is it was my son’s first offline order from a large outfit and it ws such that he doesn’t want to order any lights anylonger. I feel bad because he was looking forward to a nice light and then it crapped out after a couple of weeks .

You mean “online”. Buying offline means buying from a physical shop like Going Gear.

Thanks! :)

I’ve gotta give them a grudging respect. I keep doing orders with them and they keep getting it right.

Many of my friends and family got Olight, Nitecore, Ganzo, etc. products this year for Christmas from GearBest and it was a success. People got O’Pens and switchblades as stocking stuffers. Of course I also gave away USA made Spydercos and Kershaws, but all the swag from GB was really well received. I even regularly checked the usual suspects like BG not one seller beat GB on price on anything I wanted to order.

The people who don’t enjoy deal hunting and kind of see it like a contact sport should probably stick to the more traditional retailers, where they can get away with high expectations. A couple of orders pushed the boundaries with what I considered managed expectations, and one I just cancelled, but the other dozen or so others shipped right out and arrived right on time. A couple of the recent ones have arrived in my hands in about 10 days from date of order, and that’s without the expedited shipping. There just seems to be no way to predict orders, though. Sometimes they just ship right out and sometimes it sits for a week even though I only ordered one item. But over the long term, it’s been very real, tangible savings, and for that I give them respect.

Any news on the SPAM button abuse issue?

It s not nice to read this, and not nessesary as well.

The world is changing.
Well if some very basic notions are not taken into consideration it surely is best to go to a store, hand the money for a product in exact change to know for sure all is well.
A while back, the vendor would bite the coin to see if it was any good but nowadays only dentists would be apprecative about those practices.
If however one is able to peek at the amount on the screen of the little store ATM payment device to see if the right amount is going to be deducted OR is able ot calculate how much change is due when paying with no exact change this could save that person the trouble to walk around with a thick wallet to do payments in exact change.

If a person wants nice stuff and rather pays less for it by cutting out a lt of middle men, then he/she must only undertand some basic things and ordering directly at the source can be a pleasant and much cheaper experience.
the rules are:
1 between ordering and paying a lot of time CAN pass and probably will pass, do not wait at the mailbox just let it come when it comes.
2 choose a vendor or platform that has a build in protection OR use payment methode wth this build in protection. referaly you combine these two.

Example, payment via Paypal is protected, just read the way you can claim payments with them and keep the terms in mind.
Credit cards as well offer protection (would linking your Paypal with a Credit card offers doube protection?)
I like ALiExpress, is thing are bad, do not arrive I dispute it and get refunded, no need for getting into contact with the credit card company, but well, if a dispute would fail I can alway do that, meaning double securety.

You simply do not wire money any other way and in all online buys, Paypal is secure and easy, it just takes a little bit of time to set up the first time, but afterwards no more hassle and it it free so I should advise you son to look into Paypal because well he can get so much more stuff (read LUMENS! here :bigsmile: ) for his dollars.

If he was my son and I had the dollars to spare, I would order him one from AliExpres of Banggood showing him how the payment with paypal or credit card works and to see the smile on his face when he finally was holding the torch.

Paypal is not free, they get a little money every time you buy/sell stuff through them. How do you think they operate, out of their good will?

Hmm well opening account is free
And surely vendors put the charge I’m the price (sometimes a extra amount at check out but rarely)
Even so for me it is very hard to get the same low prices in a store offline compared to online ones accepting Paypal

3 orders from GearBest and unfortunately they have all been a hassle so personally Iam done with them,for me they have given crappy service 4 out of 4 times my son’s Makin #5 fasttech, and Banggood gave been much better experiences I understand with Chinese vendors it’s a crap shoot or contact sport,but why am I going to keep playing with or supporting some one is constantly cheating? just my opinion,

Mr. Admin revived the thread. :)

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37177

Great job to you and Admin :beer:

I think whether you think any of these sellers sucks or not is mostly a function of your expectation level and random luck. Low expectations + good luck = happy customer. High expectations + moderate luck = unhappy customer.

Also, as a newly single middle aged blogger, I’ve seen some of the women from these stores on social media. Not really something I factor into a purchase, but I make no apologies that it’s not lost on me that for some reason, all these stores staff their client-facing job descriptions with beautiful women. Not that I’m complaining. :wink:

me and I have mentioned it before,why should this be a crap shoot,a full contact sport?I have had 4 transactions with them and they all had some sort of issues,I’ve had to go through paypal myself more than once and file a dispute and miracously the items showed up in my ail box within 2 weeks of filing a dispute, why would we have to do this to get results ?I needed a replacement pill for my unique fire 1405 zoomie I ordered 1 from gear best 1st and 2 from ever buying a week later as an experiment, well I still never recived my gearbest package but I recived my package from ever buying in 2 weeks from date of order!?
Why can’t we do what we did with wallbuys and Dino direct?

Agreed it hould not be this slow or hard.
I love AliExpres just for the reason that finishing deals in a timely fashion is build into the system (seller won’t get the money if item is not received, deal is cancelled and money returned if shipping takes too long just to name two things)

What did you do with them?