GearWorst yah, they're that bad

Their stock system has been crap for months. It seems they restock within a month, usually a week or two. If you don’t want to wait then open a ticket and ask for a Paypal refund. They’ll probably suggest gearbest points, just repeat PayPal Refund until they do it. Open a paypal dispute if they don’t.

At first i wrote that i just want GB send me the light i ordered and they promised to send another but after 3 month (yup 3 month) it never arrived.
Once again i contact them but GB still silenced untill now :rage:
Well XXX them and XXX their company :rage:

Got to be one of the more entertaining threads I’ve read over the last few weeks.

Thanks for the chuckle

Thanks KFF, I think the thing that makes me the most frustrated is that I wrote an honest review, they sent me an email saying my review was published and telling me they gave me 10 points, yet I review has never shown up.

I think your deconstruction of Chinese retailer syllogistic logic is probably about spot on. :smiley: It’s already occurred to me that I have no good way to demonstrate that the carabiner is aluminum alloy and not stainless steel. Even if I were to try and do a video showing a destructive test like how easily a file bites into it, or cut it with a grinder without any sparks, the customer service people at Gearbest wouldn’t have any idea what they were seeing. That’s why I’m stressing the faulty gate lock nut. They told me to upload a video showing the problem, but it had to be less than 2 mb. When I tried to upload a video larger than 2 mb it made the whole page reload and everything I’d written explaining the problem was lost. :person_facepalming:

Don’t even have UV flashlight but challenge is a challenge :stuck_out_tongue:
—————————————————-

Update: (several hours later), you will think I made this shit up if I don’t post a pic, so here it is, UV filter lense x 1 piece has been shipped:

Ehm the first one of these i received I almost tossed
It was well packaged but small and it came when some other parcels aroved as well.
So I cut check inside, see nothing, sigh.
Later that day I wanted to check what order it was that send me an empty envelope and checked again and then I found it.

I must say that me too find CS tedious on GB DX and BG yet I see how they follow a script and just respond with what they want.
It is however very important not to throw away packaging when you see a cs battle arise. At least take a video showing all sides and pictures showing all sides and labels in such a way it can be read.
I wrote a post how to deal with parcels arriving here:
https://exposefalseads.com/t/what-to-do-whan-a-parcel-arrives/48
But must say I normally do not go through all that, yet I feel and for example I expect 5 things and feel only 2 I do make a unpacking video just to be sure, it saves so much hassle to have it.

—————————————————-

“Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead” Way to take one for the team Sirius :slight_smile: hope you didn’t have to mortgage the house :laughing: .

You’ve inspired me to be bold. :crown: I’m going to sign up for Gearbests schill Pro Program and see if they will send me gobs of free stuff to review :wink: Not likely.

Who would’ve guess, I just got home and opened the mailbox. There they were, two 348s from GB arrived, after 6 weeks. Both boxes squashed, one light completely out of its box. Whatever.
ENDQUOTE

Personally? i feel this proves the old “samsonite” luggage company? has taken over a monopoly on all the various chinese flashlight vendors…

why do i think this?

wait for it….

wait for it…

…okay, now….

“because if the gorilla hasnt jumped up and down on the shipping package? you KNOW it isnt genuine chinese shipped goods!”

that I have no good way to demonstrate that the carabiner is aluminum alloy and not stainless steel
ENDQUOTE

in the interest of science (and showing off, lol) actually ARCHIMEDES shows you how to definitively prove its aluminum……

1. weigh the item carefully
2. using a volumetric flask, determine how much the VOLUME rises when the item is ADDED to a known volume of water
3. the RATIO of “weight to volume” yields… DENSITY!
4. the density of stainless steel is a constant…
5. the density if ALUMINUM is radically different…

its PROOF POSITIVE its aluminum and not stainless steel, and, its non-destructive… as well as scientific proof.

no chem I or Physics I student… the WORLD OVER would deny your claim was not scientifically proven to beyond a shadow of a doubt.

… we are talking “mythbusters approved” here, folks…

Toss it in a jug of Muriatic Acid and watch it dissolve :wink:
I run billet aluminum rods in my kart engines. I tend to push the engines a little harder than maybe I should and spin the occasional rod bearing. To remove the galling from the crank, I just dump it in a pan of Muriatic Acid. Eats the aluminum right off and leaves a shiny clean crank journal. :slight_smile:

Proof positive:

Shove a sliver of each in your finger or thumb…if you jump up and down screaming and writhing in pain…it’s stainless. Simple.

Get rid of those cigarettes and you’ll be surprised how many more things you can do and how much better you feel.

Say’s the man whose name is Martini Haha.
Don’t hate on me… I don’t smoke, drink or even cuss. Just sayin :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you are going to hate me now but since I accepted the dare challenge (#25) wanted or not I have to follow this true until I admit this parcel is “lost in action” or proove I received the UV filter, so here it is:
Ordered on 02.06.2016
Shipped in less than 24h
Received today, 13.06.2016

I ordered only one piece because I considered that to be the worst case scenario, one small item, light package, not much value in it + “free” shipping so no tracking or those fancy ($:money_mouth_face: DHL shipping options…
I didn’t suspect it will arrive I just didn’t expect it will be in 10 days, this is probably the fastest delivery for me this year.
Hope you have more luck with your future orders, :beer:

Exactly what I would’ve done. Had a similar incident but after a long drawn out battle, the “second” I filed a PayPal dispute, I received what I already paid for. Hope it worked out for ya….

Still waiting for mine, but then again I re-ordered a few days after you did.

recently i received some items without problems and in less than 1 month from order

in the past i got same problems as you but solved everything … trough a lot of emails

I got a Opus BT-C100 charger with a bad USB port. Gearworst told me it’s normal for the USB port to output 3.3 volts. I used my charge detector to measure the voltage which I know works fine. Under a load it’s even lower. Anyone who knows anything about the USB spec knows it’s supposed to be 5 volts. It’s usually around 5.1 or 5.2 volts without a load.
I checked my xtar sp1’s USB port, and it well within spec.

I’ve filed a paypal dispute. So far they refuse to make good on it, so I’ve since escalated my claim.

That being said, no more GearCrap for me

Atbglenn - To be fair...none of these vendors manufacture the stuff. They just distribute.

Sometimes we get things that just do not work as we thought or claimed. If that or any product was purchased was purchased in the US then most sellers would require return for credit at the purchaser's expense. If the product costs less than shipping then it is not worth returning and most would grumble and move on but certainly not blame the seller. Instead they would blame maker and stay away or try contacting the manufacturer.