Glow ropes

300 LED per string from DC power? I fail to see any source for this in China, the longest I see is 20m / 200 LED. Could you please share a link? Maybe it will help me find them…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y9JD2F7/

These are 6×AA, but they’re 3S2P, so just sticking in one “layer” of cells will work.

Same issue like 3×AAA lights, in that they’ll be hella bright at first, but drop like a rock pretty quickly as the cells wear. So I’d probably rig up something to use USB power if I could.

Also, they’re 3-wire, so there’s “channel A”, “channel B”, and ground. That’s how you get alternating blinkies and fades and chases and whatnot. So actually they’re 150 LEDs on a string.

I intend to snip off what I might need from the end, then (if needed) reseal the end with a dab of epoxy or whatever.

Yeh, same issues like those crappy 9-LED lights…

Thanks, these look nice. :slight_smile:
For 30m string you would need a USB PD-capable plug because you’re going to exceed 3A.

With all those lights, blinkies + the tent, you will certainly will be attracting
The whole of the fest in your mini Times Square?

You will have achieved your intent, no flipping drunks aloud.

But with focused attention, there inevitably come loss. Fireflies will
Be attracted.

Perhaps a few motion activated LEDs on the GLO ropes will suffice.

As some would say, less is more. YMMV

Tentless, at Woodstock.

Indeed. And blinkies are a big no no no no no no no.
My plan for this year is to try reflective rope plus cheap CR2032 lights that I intend to buy for other uses anyway. Cheap and simple. If they work well enough I can upgrade them with rechargeable batteries, tweak resistance to achieve desired (low) brightness and call it success. If no I’ll keep searching.

LOL

What about optic fibre that you can light up with a single led (one of those cr2032 lights…?? ) ?

Instead or along a guy line? :slight_smile:
I think that a fiber strong enough would be too inflexible but I don’t have any experience with this stuff.

I was thinking just wrap it around the guy line. It couldn’t be used as a guy line by itself. The only experience I have with something like this is a lighted cap. I had the blue one. It wasn’t pleasant to use as it glared in my eyes. It had 2 led’s (one each side) so it was plenty bright to see ‘it’ in the dark but not any good for lighting up anything except your face.

For your purpose this ‘might’ work, I don’t know how visible it’ll be to a stumbling drunk but EL wire is unmissable in the dark.

Wellp, I just got some “fairy lights”, and while the rgb ones can be tricky unless you want to set specific colors, the plain WW ones are 3-wire but can be “turned into” 2-wire by just joining the 2 channels.

From there, yeah, a small length tie-wrapped to a rope, powered with coin-cell + resistor for just a faint glow should be enough and cheap-enough to do on a budget.

Vipon has/had a 16-pack of shorter-length FLs that come with a small holder for coin-cell and with a built-in switch. Those made to stick the lights into bottles have an elongated frustrum for a holder and take stacked button-cells :confounded: but the other ones have the flat coin-cell holders. Hang on…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0834W68MC

and if anyone’s interested

https://www.vipon.com/product/7246422-Fog-Rain-Pack-LED-Fairy-20LED-amazon-coupons

for 9bux’n’change for the set of 16.

Go crazy…

(Bah, c&p the link instead of just clicking on it.)

Ha! Lookit the pix. You can pimp out your bike with chicken-lights using these, too! :laughing: