going to try to HID this

I have not used this kit so I don't know if it's any good but it seams like a cheap motorcycle kit should do the trick. Please let us know how this turns out.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/h6-8000k-3500-lumen-super-vision-xenon-hid-motorbike-white-light-headlamp-kit-51411

Oh no....not those pictures again.

what the .... not again. Back to therapy for me.......

Is that really the picture of the "witch"? Or is it a running gag? I had never imagined she looked like that while I had spent a decade over there :-(

- Vikas

my eyes! gag. first you would need a H4 HID kit. and probably around 4300k-5000k . 8000k would be too blue imo

Thanks RC, I just came across your horrible post. I had to see a therapist and a hypnotist several months ago to drive that hideous image from my memory! Now the nightmares have returned!! You'll be hearing from my attorneys for this... darn you!

Did you ever convert your torch to HID? If so, how do you like it? I just picked up a large incandescent spotlight Im about to do the same thing with using a 100 watt HID automotive kit.

yes it is done i continued here my new light sorry for the confusion

i have not figerd out how to do pics (somthing i realy want to sort out ) but never get round to

Im glad it worked out for you. How does the high/low work? Is it a motor driven shield around the bulb?

trying to do some pics

there are four pics of the light the high and low are switched magneticly

you should make the photo album public, I can't see it atm :)

+1, cant see your photos.

Looks like a solenoid flips a metal shield, like most production cars with 2 HID high/low headlight system. The unit still consumes the same amount of power in high or low. You would get more lumens with the shield removed... unless the low mode is important to you.

try again sorry this is a new field for me

i removed the metal cover from the bulb let me know if you can see now,

sorry time to go to work I will check this when I get back home

cheers Barrie

Still can't see

any better

Yes thank you. What is the beam quality like?

I wondered what happened to this pic

pretty much like like a car headlight on with a lot more flood

if you do white wall hunting then you will find a lot to fault that is if you can look at it long enough to see to artifacts

outside in the real world all i see is lots of light in front of me high has a good strong beam with a hot-spot low is all flood

now i have figured how to do pics i will try to get some beam shots though out door will probably not be till the weekend

i will try some indoor shots just now

Hi guys

low beam on wall at approx 12ft you can see a gap where the electrode runs up the bulb cant say i really notice it out doors

second pic on high light is in the same position as first pic will try to do some outdoor shotts later

haha I have the same shorts as Greta..only I don't make them look as sexy!