good budget Neutral AAA w/ moon light?

I was planning to get the Ti3 but picked up the Archer 1A instead. Bigger, but still small enough for my uses.

Wicked. Hope it serves you well.

ryukin2000, did you receive the A01 yet? I am a little curious about whether it has the next mode memory or no memory or whatever…

Around 2:27 in the video review, this guy says his has NMM Shopping with Andrew Jackson. 5 Keylights Under $20!

…it too came with NMM. soon BG is supposedly going to send me a new head correcting this flaw…

UPDATE - My replacement head came in today from BG. Unfortunately it acts just like the original head with Next Mode Memory. =(

But I am just going to put this light aside in a drawer somewhere & write it off as a lost. I will not ask them to try to correct this anymore

Ugh. Must be the same pea-soup green XP-L that came with my F1…

Check some lf these out & see if they work for you. I ordered the JET Beam yesterday, I think it was around $10 IIRC.

HERE is a link to his thread bere on BLF.

Damn! I gifted four A01 for Christmas, and another lately, and now i’m worried those may be the NMM affected ones. I dropped a cell in them, checked they where working and put them back in their box. Didn’t check tint or UI. Looking back it was a known problem late 2016 - and still is apparently. :person_facepalming:

Haven’t taken apart mine, but if the driver’s accessible, the dreaded Pencil Trick might work.

If n00bz, they might not notice either tint nor NMM, though. :smiley:

That’s the bright side… Sometime i wish i forget all about lights and be happy with anything a bit brighter then and old school incand - a cheap SK68 clone caught me into the obsession a few years back. The newer A01 NMM version is reported to be brighter too.

And… the last one i gifted was purple, and instantly made the recipient happy - whatever the UI and tint was. :partying_face:
I’m about to get a couple more…

What is the “Pencil Trick”?

I got two of the OL A01s, both with NMM. Didnt notice when I got the first one, wife stole it almost immediately. Bought another and noticed. I contacted BG and they wanted to send me new drivers. I told them I wouldnt be able to solder them. A little white lie to avoid the time spent taking it apart and putting in a new driver just to find out its the same.

I normally just take it for what it is, but the NMM on this light is a pain in the arse. I was using it last night while setting off fireworks. Use it a bit, shut it off, then go to use it and have to flip through modes, going threw strobe, miss my mode and have to start over.

Hope we come to some agreement on it, I like the light, just not using it…

It is waterproof thought. I dropped the top cap to my ecig off the dock, and stuck the light in the water to get a good view in the mucky waters… not a sign of water in it lol

Find the chip-cap that’s responsible for the delay (only 1 or 2 on the driver), and draw a pencil-line from end to end to speed draining the cap. Thickness determines the resistance, so start skinny, fill in more ’til it works.

Infamous for fixing NMM C8s…

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that trick. :+1:

Update: A01 finally arrived from Bg. Dissappointed that it does indeed have NMM. Gamble didnt pay off. Insructions contradict it. Shame.

Pencil trick go?

I opened up the head and saw 3 caps. Do i mark all three?

I wouldn’t think so… Only one cap has to be altered, but can’t tell which one.
If you post a close up pict of the driver someone knowledgeable will certainly tell.

Regarding the original question in the OP, I think that the Manker E02 ticks all the boxes except that it is slightly over budget: very good output on NiMh and alkaline, high CRI 4000K Nichia 219C led and great moonlight (the m.l. level is actually user selectable from 14 levels which is kind of neat). For the rest: the user interface is one of the best I’ve seen, it has the magnet, it tailstands, has 2 types of lock-out, and is affordable at just under $20. And pretty a-typical: it is a Manker flashlight that as far as I’ve found has no flaws .

It’s a really cute light indeed!
A tad expensive for a AAA though.
I’ll wait for a flash sale or else.

BTW: does it handle ‘properly’ 10440 or is it AAA only?

From Trevi lux’s review: