Good, compact zooming flashlight

G’day

Wanting to buy a good compact torch which I can zoom that uses a single 18650 as all my other torches use these batteries and I have two spare at the moment. Just something for taking on a walk etc. I am pretty set on one with a zoom. I have just a cheap eBay one at the moment and have found it very useful. For the most part the wide flood beam is what I use, however it is very handy to be able to zoom it in and see things in the distance.

I looked at a Trustfire Z6 which I then ruled out because of some bad reviews I read.

That left me with a TANK007 TK-736 with the XM-L T6. Are these any good?

Has anyone got other suggestions? Basically, zoomable, up to ~130mm long, single 18650, as bright as possible (obviously!), up to $40AUD.

Thanks

I'd say check out the Poppas W-878 / Ultrafire W-878 - the Ultrafire at a good price at LightsCastle - $12.80. Runs on 26650/18650 or 3AAA's. Wide bright flood. Longer than your 130mm request. Just be sure to get one that doesn't have the hollow pill (Manafont replaced the Poppas version with one with a hollow pill.)

-Garry

from all my Zoomies, i’ll say the brightest one is UniqueFire UF-T20. it has the brightest flood for walking :slight_smile:

id recomend a ultrafire clone of the sipik sk98.
very big wide flood beam. not super bright, but bright enough for walks.
and it can be bought for only $10

+1. No worry dropping it too!