Good EDC

BLF A6 with the 18350 tube!

Truesilver, the A6 seems have a highest output of the very compact ones :laughing:

Stevedog, that was a found wich I looking for, 800 lumens with 1AA? Very impressive :open_mouth:

Quetzalcoatl, I know those lights may disturb in pockets but a powerful light seems more usefull in all tasks

Saypat, whats about run time with 18350?

Eagle Eye X2R

Same size as S2+ with integrated usb charging, better build quality than A6 IMO.

800 lumen with 14500 cell, about half that with AA cell

+1 on this recommendation, ordered with a 3400mah 18650 from GearBest, won’t even be out $20 total….

OR…Astrolux S1 which is a re-branded BLF A6 that comes with both the 18350 tube and the 18650 tube. And typically, only a few dollars more than the A6….although there’s a little more of a gap in price at the moment. That goes up and down.

DQG 18650 Tiny V4 for me.
Hard to beat 18650 cell in a 90mm long light.

Personally I find that AAA and AA form factor lights are best for EDC where I may or may not need a light and when I do its likely only for a minute or two.

That being said if i’m heading out for the day and I know that it is very likely that I will be using a light, but also want something pcoket friendly, nothing beats the DQG 18650 Tiny V4. It is much easier to carry than any other 18650 light I’ve owned, plus I really like the UI and NW tint.

No doubt that the DQG 18650 it’s a great tiny light, but you’d better carry a spare small light if you know that you’ll need to use a flashlight. I had one DQG tiny 4th and it suddendly stopped working when I most needed it, since then I consider it “not reliable”

For me the best EDC light is the Olight S1A, I’m in love with mine! But my Jetbeam Mini 1 it’s always in my keychain as well

If I need more light or runtime, or I’m going to stay out at night for a few hours, I carry my Nitecore MH20 NW. It feels like the DQG inside the pocket but it’s way more reliable

Hi guys, thanks for opinios its helps me alot in the choice :+1:

The light not need extreme pocketable, since I was carried a tr-3t6 in many works :smiley:

Did someone mention the Ultratac K18?

Keychain AAA that can run off primary AAA, NiMH or 10440. 360 lumens max, side switch, mode memory… One of the most potent AAA light i’ve had so far.

Review: [Review] ULTRATAC K18 (XP-G2 S2, 1x AAA / 1x 10440)

EDC can mean many things. If I know I’ll need a light, and maybe a lot of light, I’ll take my BLF A6/Astrolux S1 (same light, I have both). If I might need throw I’ll grab a C8 (though it is big for most pockets). 18650 packs more power for a convenient size than anything else.

But I always have my keyring and Tank 007 E09 with me so it is my real EDC. Got an Efest 10440 in it giving ~120 Lumens with well balanced throw and spill. Runtimes are kind of short but lower modes stretch it out. It has visible PWM but it is utterly reliable.

Phil

So true!

IMHO a true EDC must be able to supply light longer than just a few minutes. Sure a AAA keychain or AA light is very light an convenient, but think about an event like your car breaking down in the middle of nowhere … maybe you need to wait an hour or longer for help, so I´d rather have a small 18650 light like the MH20 with me that can supply 410 lumens for nearly 3 and 230 lumens for nearly 6 hours.

I have yet to hear the OPs exact use cases for an “EDC”.

K.

Im loving my Olight S2 baton, it’s great if you like cr123 style lights.

This is a very subjective thing. Like most everything else, it comes down to personal opinion and that usually depends upon how one dresses.

I’ve pocket carried an 18650 daily for years and the BLF A6 specifically since the group buy. It goes almost unnoticeable. A lot of that is because I’m a bigger guy, but it really helps that I have the luxury of wearing carpenter style pants of shorts which have a tool pocket on the thigh that is perfect for an 185650 light.

But I find that even on the rare occasion that I’m not in that style of pant, a minimalist tube style 18650 carries quite nicely (for me) in the rear pockets if you keep it near the outside seam.

I’m back :smiley:

Kusie, you got the point, I need some “small” but must be useful and powerful, otherwise I use the light of the phone (like many recents services made under the roof :weary: ). The light must be not too cheap and do not pull my hair if I lose that :smiley:

I’m really tended to go with A6 but the new eagle eye x7 seems great, but minus lumens than A6 :expressionless:

Can’t go wrong with either one. I actually own the Astrolux S1/ BLF A6, which I also changed to a triple but kept the driver, and it is also a very nice light in stock trim. You have so many options to choose from. Have fun trying to decide lol.
You can get a Convoy S3 stock for like $14. 1100 lumens in cool white. Can’t go wrong with any of the Convoy’s.

Word. 18650 is hardly gigantic compared to AA nowadays, and depending on the torches, can be even lighter. An Olight S2 hardly takes up enough space to be noticeable, for example, and I imagine the ubiquitously-loved Convoy S2+ is no different. Sure, the deal’s off when you consider big-headed throwers, but those are hardly regular EDC.

I’m a big time 18650 fan, they deliver power and lifetime while fitting both hand and pocket well. Anything lesser gets lost both inside my pocket and my closed fist (awkwardly meaty hands), and I mostly like them as ball cap accessories or backups to be carried clipped to the collar of my undershirt.

From the way QC talks, it’s like 18650’s are D cell sized! :smiley:

I have to stick in another vote for an Olight. The S1R Baton is a cracking little torch and I’ve been using mine for about a week and a bit. It has become my EDC, relegating my (utterly beloved) aged Copper Astrolux A01 to the bedside table.

Thanks guys I ordered the a6 :+1:

I’ll pay the bank slip tomorrow and if someone found a laast minute offer, tell me :smiley: