Good light to replace Ye Olde MagCharger

Wow, lots of options to choose from! From past browsing on here, I like the SKY RAY king 3x and the XinTD C8 V4. Any benefit in a SRK with XML-U2? Do they make one?

What does the long handle do on the ZYT 13 I guess it runs the emitter at 7.4v or higher if you run those half sized 18650s?

Alright, I thought I could sell him on the SRK but I couldn’t. The XinTD is OOS. So, I started looking through this thread and this thread ideas.

I came up with these:

Keychain
Solarforce Z1 BLACK CR123A Keychain 320 lm waterproof $20 no zoom

What do you guys think of the lights above?

Also for a charger, I thought he would want a Xtar VP1 for the voltmeter but he just wants an Intellicharger i4 V2. Thoughts here?
Thanks,
John

P.S. As far as the retired MagCharger, would it be too much to do a swap? ie - I ship the MC and someone cross ship a light? I thought I would ask here briefly but this probably needs it’s own thread.

UF-T20 is supposed to be a great light.
501b is simple and okay.

The Yezl is a wide little buggar, haven’t read anything about it though, or the Cofly.

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product.php?sname=&s=45&t=LF
SF Z1’s here for cheaper ($3 shipping iirc? Should come out to similar price, but SFS ships insanely fast).

i4 V2 is a great charger.

I just put together an ultrafire 502b with a warm white XM-L2 S6 7D3(2900K) 90 CRI LMH 3.04A Qlite driver and OP reflector if you would like to swap. It’s more like the tint of an old incandescent but ever so much brighter. I also have other xml tints such as T6 3C and 3D, U2 1A and 1D as well as a smooth reflector to put it in. The 502 has a clip instead of a lanyard. Sizewise it’s similar to a AA Minimag with much more output than a Mag D.

RMM has the convoy C8 in stock. If you want I can build it for you if the larger headed light is more appealing. Same battery but the bigger reflector throws better than a p60 light like the 502.

Do you have a link for where? I’ve only ever seen them at about $7/each, which when you add shipping makes them quite expensive.

C8’s are nice, but I think the Xin TD X3 is a better Mag alternative. A little chunkier in the hand and feels more Mag like. Slightly bigger head than a C8 and of course supports multiple battery types.

I like the Yezl T9, if it is not too big and heavy. The big aspheric should give really good throw, zooming to even better flood, and it is the only one of these I really like the looks of. It will have colors around the zoomed in spot, from the dispersion in the lens material, as my Fresnel light does.

Ok, Chinese New Year is over and I am ready to order up some goodies!

I am ready to order the XINTD C8 from Intl Outdoor and I ran into another question: which options should I pick? I do know I want the 4 mode to avoid strobe. But what about forward/reverse clicking and the tint options?

Is there a place/way to get the Yetl T9 without strobe and SOS modes? I don’t want 9 modes or 5 modes.

Is this Amazon seller a good source for the protected version of the Panasonic 3400 ? The ones I have use a green wrap…
Thanks again!
John

From off a forward clicky comes on with a half press. Half press when on foes nothing. Easier for signaling
From on a reverse clicky goes off with a half press. Half press when off does nothing. Easier for changing modes.
Do you like neutral or warm tints? They generally are more pleasing to the eye being more like natural light but aren’t as bright as cool white LEDs that tend towards the blue end of the spectrum.

Thanks for the quick reply. So it sounds to me like reverse clicky is normal? Meaning when the light is off, I click it once and it comes on. Then half clicks make the light change modes? I just want whatever is “normal”…

For the tint, I will just get something in the middle. I guess I didn’t get why they offer a certain tint for $2 more…

They are both “normal” but mode switching is different. Forward Clickies cycle through the modes from the off position and reverse Clickies from the on position. From mtb I prefer reverse but others prefer forward. Think about how you use a light. You will end up getting used to either one.

Yep, you’re describing reverse clicky. It’s the more common type.

Demand/Rarity may explain the extra $2. U2-1C is very common.

Just got the XinTD for my dad today. It blows my C8 out of the water in output and tint. Int’l Outdoor was out of the 4 modes type T4 5B1, so they said they sent the 4 modes, T6 3C version. This is the first light I have bought with a tint, I can see it is a little more to the yellow side of the spectrum, which is a nice break from my cheap c8. I am trying to understand the differences in laymens terms. I thought I could figure it out from this post but 5b1 isn’t listed….

Also, can someone tell me how to make my cheap c8 more like the XinTD?! Mine is this one from Amazon.

Hi Guys,

I just saw this thread and was wondering why you would get rid of your old maglite and buy a new flashlight. Why not just upgrade your maglite to LED so it can compete with the new standard of today?

3 years ago I designed and started making and selling led upgrades for the magcharger.
I am selling a lot of led’s to costumers in the USA, Canada, Australia Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, the UK and Germany. The Dutch police force is using them, as are; Transavia (Airline), Lifeboat crew, ambulance services, firefighters, security companies, the Dutch air-force and so on.
The brightest and best selling one is a 1300 lumen SST-50 model with 1 or 5 modes. Full aluminium and brass for excellent heat dissipation. Fixed focus and a nice beam.
There are 3 different magcharger-led models. A 240 lumen upgrade with adjusable focus and 20h+ battery-lifetime, 900 lumen fixed focus 1 or 5 mode with a wide beam and the 1300 lumen I just mentioned.

1300 lumen ST-50 1 or 5 mode

900 lumen P7/Z7 1 or 5 mode

M5 240 lumen 1 mode

Maglite released their LED maglite a few monthes ago but I must say that I am a bit disappointed. Plastic lens, plastic reflector, no spare or replaceable bulb?, no interchangeable charging cradle and all the prices of all parts when up a lot lately.

And I know all about the quality issues with with the Terralux upgrade’s. I have about 8 defect units here that where given to my by costumers who ended up buying one of my led’s.
As you can see on the picture, the plastic breaks very easy. Furthermore are the connection pins to fragile, they bent or brake to easily when you twist the head of the Magcharger.
The electronics in the Terralux will dim the led’s when they become to hot, but my led’s are all metal, will therefore absorb and dissipate more heat and not overheat.
The Terralux led’s are however faster conversion kits, my led’s take about 5 minutes and the Terralux about 2.

Let me know what you think is the best upgrade and how I can improve my products even more.
www.ledmag.nl