Good moonlight mode light using AA/14500?

Hard to beat thrunite firefly modes. My TH20 (headlamp) has a .3 low-low mode and a creamy neutral tint.

Same as my TH20. I find the floody OP 0.3 about half as bright as the 0.4 from the TN12. It’s perfect for tasks in the dark or checking on the kids.

Damn you guys… you just made me pull the trigger on T10 with neutral tint, even though I’ve been perfectly happy with Jet-1 MK up to this point. :smiling_imp:

You won’t regret it. :+1:

I went through all this research for a friend recently and ended up getting her a Thrunite T10. Runs off of 1 AA and has three well spaced modes. Low mode is pretty low already, but the torch comes with a diffuser that makes it an excellent light for bedside use.

http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-t10-xp-l-252-lumen-flashlight/

Has anyone checked how realistic that 240-hour runtime rating in firefly mode is on the T10?

BTW, I also just ordered some high capacity Amazon rebadged Eneloop Pro AA cells to go with it. Based on the below review, the NiMh discharge curve is much nicer than the alkaline one…

I would also be interested in seeing how long it runs in firefly mode. A couple of lights I’ve tried (Sunwayman S10A, V11R with extender) only last about 36 hrs in the lowest mode.

I’d like to do a AA flashlight firefly mode shootout but don’t have any of the Thrunites that boast 200 or 400 hours. I do have a Tiara A1 Pro (v1) that ran about 20days in the second lowest mode with a Duracell (eneloop). I’m trying the UT01 now in the lowest programmable mode, but it’s still too high to really be a firefly mode. A really good low, but not quite firefly to me

Thanks for confirming this. I find my UT01 brighter than my “true” ~.5L firefly low modes.

Got my T10 today, and I must say I am kind of disappointed. The high mode seems weaker than Jet-1 MK, and the moonlight mode is so low, I think it’s actually too low to be useful. No wonder it can last 240 hours. :slight_smile:
Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve chosen the NW tint, but I didn’t expect the difference in output to be that huge between NW and CW…

Not < $15, but maybe Olight S15?

Both the ones I bought were cool white and moonlight, even with the diffuser, makes a great night time light, IMO. Then again, opinions vary.

I would really suggest that you spend a little more and get the Pineapple! It has an incredible low moonlight with AA and 14500! It always starts in moonlight, no night blindness by mistake!

Pineapple

The other issue is that my T10 has a hard time tail standing. It wobbles quite a bit. Sometimes I can make it tail stand on its own, but if I put on the diffuser, forget it. And that’s too bad because that diffuser cap is the best thing about this light, IMO.

I’ve got a driver from the pineapple that I haven’t put to use yet. I am wondering if it has LVP or LVWarning of some sort when using a 14500.

I do not know… I have not tested that, mine is always used on the 2 lowest modes and the battery lasts forever.

Update: 72 hrs now of continuous running in the lowest mode with the Duracell rechargeable, visually appears to be same output as at start of test

Curious to hear how your test is going. I think I read the lowest mode is 25mA, so guessing you will get 4-5 days on a non lithium battery?

I am currently running a Thrunite Archer 1A V3 on a really old kirkland battery in the 0.1 lumen mode, you can read about it here

I have been using my jetbeam 1MK as a lamp in my lounge room ever since I bought it and no probs this way

for just around the house I use aa nimh and when I go out I use the 14500 , it’s a very versatile light even if a

bit small In size .

I’m also looking for another 1xAA with moonlight mode. I’ve ordered a Jetbeam last year but I’m afraid it was lost in transit. I have 4 1xAAA now but they are too tiny for real usage. I have a cheap unbranded 1xAA only, which is my go to flashlight for in-house usage. I might go for 2xAA if I can get the Jetbeam, but I really like 1x flashlights for emergency purposes, it is a lot easier to find one good battery than two.

I would really like a 1xAA with a 1.5 lumen low mode or true firefly mode with button action.

It gave out just over 100hrs, I didn’t catch the exact time, so say 105hrs on the Duracell rechargeable