Good moonlight mode light using AA/14500?

Update: 72 hrs now of continuous running in the lowest mode with the Duracell rechargeable, visually appears to be same output as at start of test

Curious to hear how your test is going. I think I read the lowest mode is 25mA, so guessing you will get 4-5 days on a non lithium battery?

I am currently running a Thrunite Archer 1A V3 on a really old kirkland battery in the 0.1 lumen mode, you can read about it here

I have been using my jetbeam 1MK as a lamp in my lounge room ever since I bought it and no probs this way

for just around the house I use aa nimh and when I go out I use the 14500 , it’s a very versatile light even if a

bit small In size .

I’m also looking for another 1xAA with moonlight mode. I’ve ordered a Jetbeam last year but I’m afraid it was lost in transit. I have 4 1xAAA now but they are too tiny for real usage. I have a cheap unbranded 1xAA only, which is my go to flashlight for in-house usage. I might go for 2xAA if I can get the Jetbeam, but I really like 1x flashlights for emergency purposes, it is a lot easier to find one good battery than two.

I would really like a 1xAA with a 1.5 lumen low mode or true firefly mode with button action.

It gave out just over 100hrs, I didn’t catch the exact time, so say 105hrs on the Duracell rechargeable

I have a thrunite Archer 1A V3 that is 12 days into a run with a single 20 year old alkaline battery. The battery started at 1.5V, it is at 1.2V now. I am thinking it has a few days left in it still. Thrunite advertise 17 days of firefly, 0.1 lumen. I bought it direct from Thrunite for about $33 shipped. Not the cheapest light, but I like it. It has tail on off clicky and a side mode switch. It has mode memory. Nuf said.

This morning I went past 17 days on the Archer with the 20 year old alkaline battery. I suspect it will come out of regulation sometime today. The light is just as bright as when I first installed the battery. Crazy!

Regarding AA/14500 with moonlight, the Reylight Pineapple Brass is a fantastic light:

Output:
0.2LM,5LM,30LM,110LM (AA)
0.3LM,12LM,120LM,390LM (14500)

Runtime:
30days,50h,4.5h,1h (AA)
20days,15h,2h,40min (14500)

I use it quite often as a bedside light. But it’s about double of the mentioned price range.