Good Zoomie Host

Like said I am looking for a good host, emitter and driver dont matter as they will be changed. I like the z8 but not the weight or conduction of the ss.
Others that I like have since been discontinued, I want something nice and small. A broad flood is pretty important too so deep bezels are probably bad ( like z8) but havent seen flood mode on them soooo dont really know.

I also dont want a floating pill zoomie, I want the solid pill that the lense moves in front of
Sipik will be last resort.

18650 sized? I like the SZOBM ZY-603 contruction. Pill screws into body and lens is push/pull, but I still haven’t pulled the pill apart. A few notes from when I got it (post 3948 in this thread):

The LED insulator/retainer seem to be the cause of some ringiness, so removing or making the flat black would likely help.

Maybe a Uniquefire UF-T20. It looks like a wolf eyes clone. Single 18650 and great overall size. I have one which I got from wallbuys pretty cheap. Pill threads into the body and it is a twist type zoomie. I have it all apart at the moment because I’m currently modding it so I can take a photo of all the bits if you want.

I would love to see a list of zoomies that do not have hollow pills. whoever decided that they would build any flashlight with a hollow pill should be smacked.

Should of clarified. I posted in the AA section but forgot to mention it. Looking for a single aa/14500 host

Ahhh I see, I just saw the post in the “recent posts” section, didn’t even notice it was in the AA section.

I can’t say I have seen many AA zoomies other than the Z8.

Theres a few good looking ones out there, but they all seem to have uber small lenses in them. I am thinking a crazy color sipik might be the winner, but Ill wait for some suggestions!

It would also be nice to see the insides of that wolfeyes clone if you have the spare time. I like the large lense up front.

Sorry I just took these quickly with my phone. Hope they are alright, if you want any others just let me know and I will take them and upload.

Wow. Great pics, Thanks for taking the time.

Host looks great and I spy a dedomed XM-L also! You think it made any difference in intensity?

No worries at all.

That XM-L is actually the original one from the light, I de-domed it just to practice doing it so I don’t stuff up the actual one I want to de-dome. I have an XM-L2 U2 1C from illumination supply on a copper board on it’s way over.

I can’t remember who posted it, but somebody said they preferred the SK58 to the SK68.

The 58 outside is handsome, but the 68 just looks like it has more heat shedding potential. I can tell you my XPG2 68 on 14500 does get warm.

Do you have a link to the SK58?

The thing that gets me is the Tail Cap……HATE IT. So short and hard to grab, and easy to crossthread. The sk68 that is.

I’ll make you a good great deal on a Z8! It’s a brilliant light that is crying out for some mods…I’m not a modder. Hit me up!

Google “sk58 flashlight” and there are lots of links. Here are a couple, but I have no experience with either seller.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SJ3KQU

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sipik-sk58-floodtothrow-zooming-convex-lens-led-flashlight-black-1aa-p-5819

There are also a lot of threads reported from a search here on BLF.

Hopefully somebody with experience with this model can share its pluses and minuses for the OP’s requests.

Here are 3 of the first links that came up on the BLF search. The first is a mod thread on the 58.

Let us know how the build goes! :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I got the z8 from tallboy so I’ll play with that for now.

Have some stuff coming for it!

Like I though, the flood isnt as broad as I hoped but it’s okay.