Goose and chicken Light

Blackshadow Terminator with a tripod?

Oh, I didn't think of that. The SRK's and Kungs are not water proof. Also, would probably not be easy to clean.

:Sp

Yeh I gotta wipe the crud off fairly often … blaugh … :Sp

Oohh- the Blackshadow comes in neutral white … may have to snag one of these for meself —
(and let the wifey use it on a limited basis hehe )…

Neutral is not the same as warm, it’s in between cool and warm. Sure you know but you were wanting warm.

Roche M170 with a tripod?

Fancy Flashlights

FastTech

Just give it a quick hose down after.
I use it to go crabbing, it doesn't mind the mud and water at all.

Perhaps you can slowly ween your wife away from the silly yellow tint into the dark side... or rather the extremely bright 1A side.

The two neutral white multi emitter lights suggested (Blackshadow Terminator, or M170) should help this along. :)

—post deleted — due to pui (posting under the influence) :beer:

You can always dedome. 1A -> 4D

XP-G2s are the nicest de-domed tints I've seen so far, almost as nice as the warm MT-G2s

Search Ebay for “10w led floodlight warm 12V”…

Here’s one from a US seller for $12.50 Runs off a 12 volt battery (only the 10 watt units run off of 12V). Make sure you select warm white…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50W-30W-20W-10W-Day-Warm-White-LED-Wall-Pack-Wash-Flood-Light-Lamp-Garden-Light-/310472744321?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=610139277563&hash=item48499e1d81

Hey Tex , I know you … small world :slight_smile:
They don’t say the wavelength tho … do you know if it is around 3500-4000K ?
For 12.50 it’s gotta be some good shizz … …
. wow… I better quit posting now and go to bed … tiz getting late …
Cheerio Everybody … “Twas the night Before Christmas … and all thru the house … not a lumen was stirring … from any bulb in the house … (I’ll make up more later heh …) …

Dang, now I want to build one of these headlight monsters. That is just cool. BTW if these are working, why not just build her a new one?

The warm white ones are usually around 3000K. I’ve seen a few in the 2700K area. 3000K is what a halogen light does. 2700K is what a plain incandescent bulb does.

For 10-15 bucks those lights are hard to beat. The cases are heavy cast metal with thick glass… at least the ones that I have. Be aware that some sellers ship whats they got handy… might wind up with a daylight white one.

endless-sphere.com ?

+1 I bet that would be a lot better than one of the blackshadow lights and a heck of a lot cheaper. With the fact that you say the SLA batteries last so long, I would stick with SLA, since 4-5 years is a lot longer than any Li-ion will last with continued usage.

Ramblings-

Hmm “dedoming” , I’m really not to that level of expertise yet … will work on it :]

Tex-

I dunno … Do you do pyrotechnics?

Unit311-

Thanks :slight_smile: Well, the batteries weigh 4-5 Lbs each and it’s a little cumbersome and tiresome toting this around after a while . That’s why I was thinking about trying something different.

Tex-

I ordered that :slight_smile:
$10 for an experiment isn’t too bad …

Really? That’s surprising. Something to think about …

One again thank you all for all the input. Great group here !!!

I used too, until after 9/11 when the gooberment paperwork requirements became insane and made it not worth doing. I still fly big honkin’ rockets…

And speaking of goose lights… my best friends They would even bring me fish:

Woah!! What are those?? How high do those rockets go?
Nice geese. I’ll go take a pic of ours here in a minute … :smiley:

Those don’t go very high. I have one that does 100,000+ feet.

Geese used to live in nice little park down the road. They were hand raised from eggs by a nice lady and her daughter then set free in the park where they lived blissfully for years. Then one night the city disatched the goosestapo, goosenapped them, and hauled them off to the gooselag (happened during the avian flu panic). Their new home was a childs wading pool in a 6’ x 6’ chain link fenced prison.

Sounds like you need one of these, plenty bright enough and the same colour temp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thor-X-Bright-10-Million-Candle-Power-Rechargable-Flashlight-skuP031-/261340208394?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cd9171d0a

or something a bit smaller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Northern-Industrial-Super-SearchEye-Spotlight-10-Million-Candlepower-90100-/330977327169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0fc93841